Domino Publishing Co. is seeking a friendly, outgoing, and self-motivated individual with strong communication and organizational skills. The A&R Assistant will report to the Head of A&R – North America, and the position is located in Domino’s Los Angeles (downtown) studio office.
- Assist with scheduling meetings for the Head of A&R – N.A. and the Pub. Co. A&R Dept. (Coordinate across staff calendars, managing scheduling conflicts and logistics).
- Maintain the Los Angeles studio/writing room calendar.
- Manage and schedule daily calendars for Pub. Co. clients.
- Responsible for obtaining splits, co-writer, and publisher information for newly delivered compositions (whether in ‘demo’ form or commercially released), and delivering information to Domino’s Copyright, Royalty, and Creative Synch departments accordingly.
- Diligently retrieve and track all audio (and other assets) from client sessions.
- Maintain an organized audio database of newly received repertoire (stems, final mixes, etc.)
- Under the direction of the Head of A&R – North America, coordinate special projects (i.e. songwriter and sync camps).
- Stay up to date on emerging talent via networking and research (Scouting potential new Domino Pub. Co. signings).
- Liaise daily with colleagues at record labels, publishers, music management companies, talent agencies etc. to coordinate sessions and creative opportunities for Domino’s clients.
- Organize and attend shows and showcases of both signed and unsigned artists.
- Handle confidential matters appropriately and with discretion.
- Oversee general office supplies for downtown studio office.
- Bachelor’s degree in related field preferred.
- Excellent organizational and administrative skills.
- Impeccable attention to detail.
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Strong computer skills, proficiency in MS Office.
Candidates should submit a resumé that summarizes employment and education history, as well as references. Domino is an equal opportunity employer and provides health insurance benefits for its full-time employees. Please forward resume and cover letter to email@example.com
Domino Publishing Company was launched in early 2006, and although run by a separate management staff, it shares ownership and operations with Domino Recording Co. With offices in London, Paris, New York and Los Angeles, we are currently the worldwide publisher or administrator for a diverse roster of writers, publishers and copyrights including Adrianne Lenker (Big Thief), Devonte Hynes (Blood Orange), Bob Moses, Steven Severin (Siouxsie and the Banshees), Dice Raw (The Roots), The Kills, The Jesus and Mary Chain, the Arthur Russell catalog, and hit songs by The Human League (“Don’t You Want Me”) , Rascal Flatts (“My Wish”), Paul Hardcastle (“Nineteen”), and Nirvana (“Molly’s Lips”), to name but a few.
Job Type : Full-Time
Education Level : Bachelors Degree
Experience Level : Entry Level
Job Function : A&R Admin