Secretly Publishing seeks A&R
Title: A&R, Secretly Publishing
Status: Full-time Exempt
Hours: 40/week, Monday - Friday, 9am-6pm
Location: Brooklyn, NY or Los Angeles, CA
Reports to: Senior Director of A&R, Secretly Publishing A&R
Company Summary: Secretly Group is a leading independently-owned music company. Its major divisions include record labels Dead Oceans, Jagjaguwar, and Secretly Canadian, and music publisher Secretly Publishing. Headquartered in Bloomington, Indiana, Secretly Group also maintains offices in Brooklyn, London, Los Angeles, Austin, and Chicago. Founded in 1996, its label roster counts Grammy-winner Bon Iver, Mitski, Angel Olsen, Moses Sumney, Jamila Woods, Sharon Van Etten, The War On Drugs, Phoebe Bridgers, Unknown Mortal Orchestra, serpentwithfeet, Slowdive, Khruangbin, and ANOHNI, among others. Secretly Publishing’s roster includes Faye Webster, Whitney, Jason Molina, Jay Som, Nnamdï, and Japanese Breakfast.
Position Summary: Secretly Publishing is seeking an individual for a full-time A&R position working out of the label group’s Los Angeles or New York office. Primary duties include scouting and signing artists to the company at all levels of the developmental spectrum, and developing strong relationships with writers, artists, producers, managers, and lawyers.
Ideal Candidate will Possess:
- At least 3-5 years experience working in the industry (publisher, record label, management company, etc.) with proven success in that role.
- Experience working with artists (songwriters, producers, performers etc) in a creative space.
- A track record for discovering and nurturing new writers and artists, as well as a vision for how to maintain successful careers for them.
- Ability to set up collaborative co-writing sessions for artists on the publishing roster.
- Knowledge and passion of the musical landscape/marketplace, spanning across multiple genres.
- Extensive network within all levels of developing music, including songwriters, managers, labels, lawyers, and producers is a plus.
- Excellent organizational, time management, and networking skills, with an ability to prioritize.
- Familiarity with publishing and label group roster.
- High level of integrity, work ethic, communication, project management, and teamwork skills.
SG Services, Inc. Benefits
- Paid holidays including end of the year closure from December 23rd – January 1st
- Paid Time Off policy
- 401K with corporate matching immediately upon enrollment
- 12 weeks for parental leave after birth or adoption paid at 100% of salary
- Volunteer Hours Matching Policy
- Employee Assistance Program
- Health insurance:
- Maximum one month wait for enrollment in health insurance
- Medical plan with PPO & HSA options
- Dental plan w/rollover benefit (a portion of your unused annual maximum rolls over to the following year)
- Vision plan that offers access to over 43,000 provider locations nationwide (including private practice providers and retailers)
- Free Basic Life insurance and Voluntary Life insurance
Application Link: https://forms.gle/CbTkugDdqwFFKoMf8
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to
disability, protected veteran status, age, race, creed, color, religion, sex, marital status,
affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, ancestry, nationality, or
Job Type : Full-Time
Education Level : ""
Experience Level : ""
Job Function : A&R