Our music company is a new global music venture focused on investing in and providing personalized solutions to independent labels and artists. Our goal is to establish a world-class, future-facing entity. We strive to be a record company for the future, based on flexibility, deep values and a passion for independent culture. We are building a team to join us on that journey. You will be joining a fast growing, values-focused organization, led by a team of renowned industry experts working with a broad range of music genres.
Driven by our core mission to respect, preserve and enhance the legacies and cultural identity of our growing list of artist and label partners, we care deeply about our company culture. We are committed to providing a working environment that is inclusive and promotes collaboration and contribution.
The Accounting & Administrative Assistant will have responsibilities and perform functions in bookkeeping (including accounts payable and accounts receivable), rights administration (particularly within the areas of mechanical licensing, royalties and rights information tracking), and general business administration. On an as needed basis provide junior administrative and analytics support for systems integration, merger and acquisition integration, and asset acquisition ingestion. Beyond this, it is important for any candidate to understand that the company is new and dynamic with a developing organizational structure. As such, our team members will be asked to perform a wide range of functions, sometimes contributing to areas that are not necessarily specified in their job description.
The Accounting & Administrative Assistant reports directly to the Head of Accounting & Business Administration who is responsible for accounting, human resources, and general office & business administration.
Flexible. Colleagues are working virtually and currently based in Los Angeles, Nashville, New York, Boston, and London.
• Strong attention to detail and highly accurate data entry skills.
• Intermediate to advanced knowledge of excel is required.
• Bookkeeping experience or relevant educational courses at the college level is a must.
• Team player with excellent interpersonal, communication, and organizational skills.
• Problem solver with the ability to multi-task, adapt to changing priorities, and meet deadlines.
• Resourceful with a desire to learn new tasks and manage or participate in special projects, including planning and coordination of company events.
• Comfortable working in a highly automated environment utilizing diverse software.
• Music Industry experience or completion of relevant Music Business courses is a huge plus, but not required.
A competitive salary and benefits package will be offered, commensurate with the role and the relevant experience of the final hire.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, age, or any other status protected by law. Further, the company strives to create a diverse, welcoming, equitable and inclusive environment for all applicants, employees, member companies and partners.
To apply, please send a resume to email@example.com and include “Accounting & Administrative Assistant” in the subject line.
Job Type : Full-Time
Education Level : Associate Degree
Job Function : Finance & Accounting, Administrative