Catalog S&S—Entry Level
Infinite Catalog is a royalty accounting software + service, made by and for catalogs and creators. Record labels, publishers, managers, and creator businesses of all shapes and sizes use our tools + expertise to simplify royalties so they can grow their catalogs, keep everyone in the loop, and get everybody paid.
We’re looking for a music obsessive who wants to turn their passion for the industry into a career helping catalogs and creators.
Why this position exists
From bedroom artists to massive record labels and everything in between, all catalogs share a common need to track profits and pay collaborators.
At the same time, every catalog is unique, and many of them - whether seasoned pros or total newbies - benefit from a hands-on approach, both while learning about how Infinite Catalog fits their needs and when getting started on the platform. As a result we've found that there's a huge benefit to engaging with catalogs one-on-one, not unlike the A&R role common at many catalogs themselves. Instead of helping sign artists to a catalog, you're helping sign up catalogs to our platform (Sales), and ensuring they get great service while they’re on board (Service) - hence Catalog S&S.
(Relevant aside: in some circles the A&R role is considered a bit outdated, in part due to their reputation as all Sales and no Service. True or not we make it a point to ensure that doesn’t happen at IC, which is why our Catalog Sales & Service teams are one and the same.)
What will you do?
As a Catalog S&S team member, you will be the main point of contact for catalogs, from new prospect to long-term customer.
On the Sales side, your day-to-day will encompass a mix of:
- Pre-qualify prospects and prioritize outreach accordingly. If discovering new artists and creator businesses (labels, publishers, etc) is something you do already, now you can get paid to do it.
- Mindfully and responsibly engage with prospects - nothing automated, no spam. We strive to be a trusted member of the community, and first impressions are crucial for setting the right tone whether or not a catalog chooses to use our platform.
- Keep our custom CRM up to date with your efforts, and providing insight into your progress as well as your struggles. We’re big on the maxim “that which is measured improves.”
On the Services side, your day-to-day will be a mix of:
- Help new catalogs get started, from their first data import to their first batch of finished statements. You will of course learn how to do this yourself first hand during training, and get very, very good at it.
- Help catalogs solve challenges, improve workflows, and answer questions. You will learn all the ins and outs of royalty accounting, profit share, catalog and contract structures - the nuts and bolts of the music and creator industries.
- Communicate with S&S and Product team members to continually inform and improve our platform and our company. We want to be creating positive feedback loops in all areas, internal and external.
We're looking for someone who:
- Shares our mission-driven values - we are doing this work to solve problems and help people, not get rich.
- Is friendly, outgoing, and engaging in conversation, whether it's online or IRL. This role is all about making a good first impression, then backing that up with incredible service over the longterm.
- Cares and wants to learn more about the community we serve - both the catalogs who are our customers and the creators they work with, in equal measure.
- Has some level of familiarity with or experience in the music and/or creator industries - that said, you don't need to be an expert.
- Understands the importance of both speed and quality, and the trade-offs of choosing one over the other.
- Has exceptional written, verbal, listening, and communication skills.
- Is extremely reliable and responsive. We are a remote company with a hands-off management style, which only works when everyone communicates effectively.
About the Role
This is a fully remote position with flexible hours. Compensation is a competitive hourly rate plus commissions. Since we are a customer-funded and -driven business, this role is absolutely critical to the growth and wellbeing of our company. While this is an entry level position, there is ample opportunity to grow into a full time team member with salary and benefits.
We're a small but dedicated team, spread across Los Angeles, New York, and London. We are an independent and customer-funded business, built on the lessons and sweat of a decade at the frontlines of the music industry. We're a team of creative industry workers and artists doing our best to make a positive impact for the community that has given so much to us.
How to Apply
Job Type : Part-time
Education Level : ""
Experience Level : Entry Level
Job Function : A&R, Customer Service, Sales