Community & Content—Lead
Infinite Catalog is a royalty accounting software + service, made by and for catalogs and creators. Record labels, publishers, managers, and creator businesses of all shapes and sizes use our tools + expertise to simplify royalties so they can grow their catalogs, keep everyone in the loop, and get everybody paid.
We’re looking for an online extrovert to kickstart our community (i.e. doing fun stuff with/for catalogs & creators), and create meaningful content for same (i.e. taking the reins on our socials/memes).
Why this position exists
IC has an active user base of hundreds, a few thousand less-active users on the periphery, and more incoming every day. We need someone to help us build, engage with, and learn from our Community, and consistently create Content that is relevant both for them and prospective community members.
We’re looking for someone who
- Has experience building communities, whether via socials, platforms like Discord or Circle, IRL meetups, webinars or zoom office hours, etc etc.
- Already exists within the wider community of creators and the industry folks who help them (aka catalogs) - these are your people!
- Has experience creating relevant & engaging content: posts, articles, videos, gifs, memes, webinars, product updates, etc.
- Knows how to do the above with lightweight tools, without an on-staff graphic designer (we’ll add one eventually, but we want to get going first).
- Has a healthy relationship with social media; you know how to stay balanced and positively engaged without getting sucked in.
- Is comfortable being a leader, both within the community and the company internally.
- Has some level of familiarity, or is eager to learn about, how royalties work and how catalogs and creators are impacted by them.
- Understands the importance of both speed and quality, and the trade-offs of choosing one over the other.
- Has exceptional written, verbal, listening, and communication skills.
- Is extremely reliable and responsive. We are a remote company with a hands-off management style, which only works when everyone communicates effectively.
About the Role
This is a full-time, fully remote position with flexible hours. Compensation will be a salary commensurate with experience, plus benefits. This is a lead position - if all goes well, we’ll be hiring additional folks underneath or beside you (designers, marketers, etc). The people working at IC are the biggest factor in our success, and we are committed to investing time and energy into building a long-lasting relationship.
We're a small but dedicated team, spread across Los Angeles, New York, and London. We are an independent and customer-funded business, built on the lessons and sweat of a decade at the frontlines of the music industry. We're a team of creative industry workers and artists doing our best to make a positive impact for the community that has given so much to us.
How to Apply
Job Type : Full-Time
Education Level : ""
Experience Level : Coordinator
Job Function : Marketing, Social Media