Content Marketing Manager
Since 2008 BeatStars has been the pioneering and go-to online music marketplace to connect millions of recording artists and music producers worldwide. BeatStars is also the leading A&R discovery tool for all the major and independent labels. Most recently, BeatStars partnered with Sony Publishing to launch its publishing arm on the platform.
Now, with over 3 million monthly active users, we've paid over $200M to our creator community. We continue to support independent musicians with the tools, community, opportunities, and education they need to earn a living doing what they love.
What You’ll Be Doing
Having grown substantially in the last two years with no sign of slowing down, we are looking for a highly analytical thinker with an audience-first mindset for the role of Content Marketing Manager to help curate engaging marketing narratives across all BeatStars platforms and social media. The right person will be an expert on social media analytics, understands the nuances, advantages, and shortcomings of each platform, and knows how to utilize data in formulating a campaign strategy.
- The Content Marketing Manager will serve a critical role in the development, management and execution of content strategy across BeatStars’ products and solutions
- Write clear, compelling copy for various content efforts and channels, across the entire creator and advertiser journey including different personas, verticals, and communication touchpoints. Ensure consistency of brand voice throughout all of our communication touchpoints.
- Identify relevant industry trends, best practices, and insights to develop ongoing content series to inspire and engage creators.
- Conduct A/B copy testing, monitor content performance, and translate into clear observations and actionable steps to optimize content efforts.
- Translate complex products and features into simple, compelling, easy-to-understand copy that drives measurable results.
- Review and copy edit existing copy for both messaging and grammar.
- Manage the content calendar and coordinate posting schedule across various regional and cross-functional stakeholders
- Implement SEO best practices
- The ideal candidate will collaborate across functions to deliver an effective content marketing strategy and editorial plan to meet the business objectives in the most efficient manner
- Craft and develop interesting, well-researched, content to drive traffic, engage and convert target customers, and improve shared content across social media channels; content to include white papers, blog posts, website copy, eBooks, case studies, webinars, videos,
- Serve as an exemplary writer, consistent with BeatStars’ tone and mission
- Edit, proofread, and improve content produced by your team and beyond as per messaging guidelines; conceptualizing the projects upfront, assigning projects and overseeing development and copy-editing prior to publishing
- Develop and execute content marketing strategies and plan across the top, middle and bottom of the funnel assets
- Collaborate with demand generation, product marketing, web, social, digital, channel, field marketing and creative teams to produce high-quality content to ensure engaging and unified messaging supporting all channels
- Stay up-to-date with the latest industry trends and customer challenges in order to build a more effective editorial calendar
- Oversee a team of internal and/or freelance writers to scale the company’s content efforts if needed
What You’ll Need
- 3+ years of copywriting in B2C and Digital Advertising environments; strong experience writing for creators and businesses audiences at all levels and functions, preferably in a tech background.
- Proven track record of working with high performance teams.
- Demonstrated ability to adapt writing to different formats such as web, mobile, email, social media (paid and organic) and blog posts.
- Demonstrated experience or interest in the music industry and basic understanding of end-to-end product cycles and needs of businesses in the ecosystem.
- Comfortable in leading and collaborating with cross-functional teams to define goals, strategies, and key messages.
- Proficiency with Google Analytics.
- Knowledgeable about branded content marketing best practices and trends.
- Knowledge around managing brand social media accounts is a plus
- World-class writing and editing skills and a passion for creating top-performing content and messaging, including both long- and short-form content
- Clear, effective communicator—verbally and in writing (English)—with the ability to be synthesize technical details into persuasive, customer-facing value
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate effectively with cross-functional counterparts
- Experience with Demand Gen-oriented copywriting
- Editorial mindset with an ability to predict audience preferences
- Strong project management skills, including the ability to prioritize and deliver multiple projects in a deadline-oriented environment while maintaining high attention to detail
- Experience with content management platforms a plus
This role might be for you if:
- You are a team player. You understand that flying solo is a limiting and isolating choice and know that making your team look good works far better than creating a one-man show.
- You are an expert communication router - being at the center of the information triangle among the market, team, and company, you know how to find the best method and style to communicate thoughts, ideas, and feedback.
- You have strong organizational and management skills; plus an ability to prioritize.
- You relate well to people and easily establish good relationships.
- You respond quickly and appropriately to the needs of others.
- You have a knack for explaining complicated things simply.
- You’re level-headed and cool under pressure. When things change, you know how to roll with the punches.
- You enjoy managing the big picture, as well as the small details.
- You will blow us away with your work ethic, your passion, your integrity, your attitude, and your energy!
We're a small and growing team working together closely and operating with complete autonomy and freedom. This means you will have a direct impact on any project that you work on and your success will be felt across the company and by your clients. Some other perks include:
- 100% paid medical, dental, and vision for employees and 50% for dependents
- 14 PTO days and 5 sick days
- Accommodating in a remote-first work environment
- 12 weeks of parental leave paid at 100%
- Flexible work hours
- $70-month tech reimbursement
- Virtual social events and a sense of community (even online)
- Plenty of opportunities while we grow and scale in a global environment
Job Type : Full-Time
Education Level : ""
Experience Level : Manager
Job Function : Marketing