Creative Marketing Assistant
Secretly Group Seeks Creative Marketing Assistant
Title: Creative Marketing Assistant
Hours: 40/week, Monday – Friday, 9am – 6pm
Location: Brooklyn, NY
Reports to: Creative & Experiential Marketing Director
Company Summary: Secretly Group is a leading independently-owned music company. Its major divisions include record labels Dead Oceans, Jagjaguwar, Saddest Factory and Secretly Canadian, and music publisher Secretly Publishing. Headquartered in Bloomington, Indiana, Secretly Group also maintains offices in Brooklyn, London, Los Angeles, and Chicago. Founded in 1996, its roster counts Phoebe Bridgers, Bon Iver, Mitski, Angel Olsen, Japanese Breakfast, Whitney, Jamila Woods, Sharon Van Etten, Faye Webster, Unknown Mortal Orchestra, Claud, MUNA, serpentwithfeet, Slowdive, and Khruangbin among others. Secretly Publishing artist and writer partners include The War On Drugs, NNAMDI, Japanese Breakfast, Whitney, Faye Webster, as well as the publishing catalogs of affiliates Songs Of Numero Group and Ghostly Songs.
Position Summary: Secretly Group is looking to expand its burgeoning Creative and Experiential Marketing department by adding a Creative Marketing Assistant to work alongside Secretly’s Senior Director, Creative & Strategy and Creative & Experiential Marketing Director.
The ideal candidate is highly organized and innovative with the ability to handle multiple projects and responsibilities at once. The candidate must excel at time management, multi-tasking and communication since they will be working not only with the creative team but also across other departments.
This department’s order of operations fluctuates daily so responsibilities will change depending on projects at hand. The candidate must excel at pivoting from one project to another depending on urgency and help solve problems based on resources and time available.
- Day-to-day coordination for the department, including scheduling meetings, taking minutes and supporting senior staff on a wide array of projects
- Creating and maintaining project management software, calendar invites, spreadsheets, itineraries, announcement roll outs, and other documents
- Creating and maintaining pitch and planning partnership decks, newsletters and invite lists
- Managing event RSVPs and organizing guest lists
- Assisting with producing marketing materials and writing copy
- Preparing and requesting deliverables for Secretly marketing team and external partners
- On-site production, coordination, and content capture duties for IRL events and filmed productions
- Location scouting
- Maintaining an event archive and recaps
- Collecting and organizing event related expenses
- Maintaining a rolodex of creatives, producers, videographers and web developers to assist in content creation
- Originate and organize visual assets and content with Secretly Group art department
- Highly organized and attentive to details
- Familiarity with event planning and/or on-set production
- Proficiency in Microsoft Outlook, Excel, Google Docs/Sheets/Slides and Keynote
- Familiarity with Adobe Creative Suite products and website building services (Squarespace, Cargo)
- Outgoing and energetic with interest in connecting across Secretly team, roster and community
- Enthusiasm in independent music and businesses, live music and local communities
- 1-2 years experience in music industry
SG Services, Inc. Benefits:
- Paid holidays including end of the year closure from December 23rd – January 1st
- Very flexible Paid Time Off policy
- 401K with corporate matching immediately upon enrollment
- 12 weeks for parental leave after birth or adoption paid at 100% of salary
- Volunteer Hours Matching Policy
- Employee Assistance Program
- Health insurance:
- Maximum one month wait for enrollment in health insurance
- Medical plan with PPO & HSA options
- Dental plan w/rollover benefit (a portion of your unused annual maximum rolls over to the following year)
- Vision plan that offers access to over 43,000 provider locations nationwide (including private practice providers and retailers)
- Free Basic Life insurance and Voluntary Life insurance
Application Link: https://forms.gle/T5BMsFLqjKaDpCmU8
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to disability, protected veteran status, age, race, creed, color, religion, sex, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, ancestry, nationality, or national origin.
Job Type : Full-Time
Education Level : ""
Experience Level : Entry Level, Coordinator
Job Function : Marketing