Creative Web Designer & Developer
Beggars Group is looking for a developer to join our US marketing team. This position reports directly into the VP, US Marketing but will work across the global group.
The Creative Web Designer and Developer will be instrumental in leading the creative, development and project management of all web and digital experience projects across the label group. The role will serve as a key point of contact for artists, labels and assigned project team members in ensuring the design, development, deployment and maintenance of artist and label web/digital properties. Critically important, the person will serve as a subject matter expert and will have a strong understanding of, and demonstrated experience with, web development technologies, third party applications/platforms, email marketing strategy and emerging online creative trends. The position is accountable for overseeing the work (and development) of our Jr, US Web Dev Designer and will serve as an escalation point for online design, web dev, QA testing queries. This position will manage the groups’ web development project/initiative calendar and will support the VP, US Marketing in scoping out budget (or potential spend) for third party web development needs and resource where appropriate.
The position requires a comfortability in building relationships seamlessly across various internal departments (ie.marketing, labels, e-commerce, art & creative), external vendors and freelancers. The Creative Web Designer and Developer will have the “know-how” to effortlessly present ideas and communicate needs/priorities to a wide range of audiences (ie. artistic/creative and technical/analytical). Our ideal candidate will be passionate about independent music (+++ if they have knowledge and appreciation for our artists/labels) and who enjoys collaborating with highly creative individuals in a fast-paced environment.
Key Duties & Responsibilities:
• Lead the creative, project management, and development of all Beggars labels web/digital initiatives and artists-campaign projects (includes compiling/analyzing research and presentation of web strategy proposal) for artists projects
• Oversee the set-up, documentation, and up-keep of domain registrations for all the web properties owned by Beggars Group
• Provide oversight of our email marketing platform (Sendy) and other CRM tools providing consultation and guidance around email marketing layouts and strategy as requested by the label group.
• Collaborate with IT team in managing the set-up process and pipeline for new sites
• Lead QA and testing of all web properties in line with project deadlines
• Provide consultation and guidance to artists and labels on digital design/web strategy as well as
troubleshooting through design/technical issues
• Maintain strong familiarity with current online creative trends and proactively share ideas
• Designing and developing sites optimized for responsive design
Direct the design, creation, maintenance and administration of artist and label web properties,
Manage the assignment of day-to-day tasks/requests in our project management system
(Asana) in line with team’s bandwidth and budgetary constraints
• Develop relationships and strong lines of communication across group departments and labels to proactively determine forthcoming web dev opportunities or needs
• Maintain relationships with outside developers/designers for special projects, and manage all web-related freelance contractor work
Skills & Experience we’re looking for:
• 4-6 years demonstrated professional experience designing and developing websites
• Backend: PHP, MySql
• Adobe Suite: Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator, Font kit and or other creative tools
• Proficiency with Wordpress, Laravel frameworks
• Familiarity with Magento ecommerce platform a plus
• Knowledge of working within AWS hosting environment
• Experience using GitHub for version control
• Experience with email marketing tools (sendy, Amazon SES, mailchimp)
• Experience building web tools using third party API data (Spotify, Facebook, Twitter, MapBox) a plus
How to apply: Please send your resume, cover letter and a link to your portfolio (ie. Github) to email@example.com. Please include your name and “Creative Web Design + Dev” in the subject line.
Beggars Group embraces the principle of equal employment opportunity for all. We are committed to cultivating an inclusive workplace representative of a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skillsets. All employment decisions are based on qualifications, merit, and business needs.
Job Type : Full-Time
Job Function : Administrative