Merge Records is looking for a Digital Operations Specialist to work in our Durham, NC, office. This person will help with digital audio and video distribution, data analytics, and various other responsibilities in the digital universe. Merge is one of the most respected independent record labels in the world, and this is a great opportunity for someone who loves music and wants to be involved in the increasingly crucial world of digital content.
The Digital Operations Specialist will be responsible for various tasks related to multiple projects/releases; therefore, strong time management and task-prioritizing skills are essential. The ideal candidate must be detail-oriented, flexible, highly self-motivated, and open to our “all hands on deck” office style.
For consideration, email firstname.lastname@example.org with your resume, cover letter, and salary requirements; be sure to include “Digital Operations Specialist” in the subject line. No phone calls, please.
- Manage D2C digital accounts (Merge digital store, Bandcamp, etc.)
- Maintain assets and claims for YouTube, Facebook, and SoundCloud CMS
- Organize Merge digital store and provide vinyl download support
- Organize link consolidation service (Linkfire et al.) for each release
- Submit metadata to charting services and update databases
- Maintain DSP royalty reporting, i.e., track and upload statements in royalty software
- Clear overlapping claims and disputes on SoundExchange
- Set up track/video premieres on SoundCloud, YouTube, etc.
- Fulfill internal file delivery requests as well as backing up and organizing relevant assets in the Merge Digital Library
- Perform other related tasks as requested
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel and Word
- Familiarity with digital audio and video formats, encoding, and metadata tagging
- Familiarity with the existing landscape of digital music services and social networks
- Experience in reading and interpreting data analytics
- Working knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite
- Familiarity with content management systems
- Understanding of digital distribution and large-file delivery processes
Job Type : Full-Time
Education Level : ""
Experience Level : Coordinator
Job Function : ""