Director, Label Services
Rhymesayers Entertainment is a leading independent record label and artist management company based in Minneapolis, MN. In an era of quantity over quality, Rhymesayers Entertainment provides a comprehensive ecosystem to empower artists globally. With over 25 years of collaboratively partnering with artists, Rhymesayers Entertainment has helped build and guide the careers of artists such as Atmosphere, MF DOOM, Aesop Rock, Sa-Roc and many more.
Rhymesayers Entertainment is seeking a well-versed executive responsible for managing staff members and leading label operation execution, production, fulfillment, distribution, customer service, and other operating activities while being the main point of contact with key partners and vendors. This hands-on position will be crucial to the continued success and growth of our artists and label.
- Lead all aspects of Label Services business for Rhymesayers’ E-commerce, Distribution, Production, and Platform management - including fulfillment demand planning, forecasting, production, customer service, data/analytics and platform management.
- Manage Partnership relationships with Rhymesayers’ distribution partner, 3PL partner, retailers, and other business development opportunities
- Support Rhymesayers’ leadership team in defining physical and digital sales strategy
- Set and promote high standards by being a strong communicator, product expert and team player with a laser focus on quality, customers and effective process
- Negotiate terms with vendors and customers, approve discounts and catalog sales in coordination with Finance dept.
- For Distribution partners: Lead team to set up physical product order quantities, ensure One Sheets for sales solicitation are complete, ensure distribution information is updated with campaign assets.
- Work with Digital Production and Data Coordinator to implement an appropriate technical infrastructure for the webstores.
- Develop and monitor SEO metrics, web analytics, site performance measures, and all KPI’s related to eCommerce
- Direct and review work, troubleshoot challenges, and provide feedback for the label services team.
- Oversight of product launch strategy, customer targeting & calendar for new and seasoned products
- Collaborate with Rhymesayers’ Creative Team to bring new products to market and ensure products are properly forecasted
- Identify new areas of business opportunity beyond current organizational thinking to influence innovation and process improvement initiatives.
Desired Skills and Experience:
- 5+ years of music industry experience
- Deep Music Industry knowledge of digital and physical distribution
- Project management experience including cross functional team process development
- Experience in aggregating and analyzing data sets to make business decisions
- Excellent leadership and coaching ability
- Excellent business and people management skills Can model positive energy and handle stress in the face of challenges, deadlines and financial pressures
- Flexibility and creativity
- Excellent ability to organize, prioritize, and multi task
- Can push self and others to achieve and excel in a fast-paced dynamic environment
Benefits and Wellbeing Perks:
- Competitive Salary
- Remote Working
- Health and Dental Insurance Options
- Paid Time Off
- Paternity + Maternity Leave
- Creative + Mindful Company Culture
Please apply via GOOGLE FORM: https://forms.gle/NRJwY8DZ5KpbN7uG8
Job Type : Full-Time
Education Level : ""
Experience Level : Director
Job Function : Product Management