Who We Are: Blue Élan Records is an independent record label based in Los Angeles, California. Blue Élan provides an artist-centric alternative to big label record deals in an era when creative and financial transparency motivate both established artists and promising new talent. We envision a different, modern music landscape where artists and labels form true partnerships. As Forbes has stated, “By all accounts, Blue Élan is the most artist friendly label in the business.” We provide a home to artists that cultivates creativity and collaboration, and affords artists real support to hone their craft. Blue Élan also represents a meeting ground for confident artists and discriminating fans, with a roster that includes powerhouses Ozomatli and Soul Asylum, legacy artists such as Rita Coolidge, Jon Anderson (Yes), and Gerry Beckley (America), and Americana mainstays like Jesse Dayton, Cory Branan and Rod Gator, just to name a few. We are looking to expand our team with the addition of an experienced Director of Marketing to lead our marketing team.
Location: Los Angeles (Westwood), CA. Our team is currently remote but intends to return to the office on a hybrid model soon.
- Define and articulate marketing strategies for each Blue Élan Records artist/project, including measurable and well-defined objectives and outcomes. This team member will lead the marketing strategy to drive artist campaigns;
- Execute and manage marketing plans for each Blue Élan artist record campaign based on identified objectives, including tent poles and value-added campaign opportunities developed in collaboration with A&R, sales teams, press teams, artists’ teams and project managers;
- Liaise with internal project managers to structure and implement each artist’s marketing campaigns, communicate campaign directives and goals to artists’ teams, identify and retain third-party teams for campaigns as necessary, and generally oversee campaign implementation;
- Guide artists’ teams and internal team members in the creation of marketing narratives and long-term strategy to meet the goals of each artist and ensure project momentum and effectiveness are maximized;
- Analyze and monitor the success of campaigns for business impact. Continuously iterate, adapt and optimize campaigns based on qualitative and quantitative success metrics and effectively communicate the effectiveness of campaigns to various stakeholders;
- Manage internal marketing team members and delegate marketing tasks internally;
- Identify and oversee third-party marketing partners for initiatives such as music videos, social media management, college marketing, street marketing and other campaigns;
- Provide strategic advice and guidance for artwork, merchandise, graphics, and other creative elements of artist campaigns and be willing to help develop such assets;
- Draft various marketing materials for use by Blue Élan and its artists, including drafting or reviewing copy for e-mail marketing, pitch documents for distribution partners and DSPs, bios, advertising materials, social media calendars and assisting artist teams with social media copy and asset creation;
- Assist in the development of marketing budgets and monitor the deployment of such budgets to ensure projects remain financially feasible;
Spot and recommend emerging opportunities and keep apprised of new digital media, platforms, and opportunities with a mindset to adapt and employ emerging technologies; and
Develop overall brand strategy for the growth and visibility of Blue Élan Records.
- A passion for independent music;
- 5+ years of music industry experience in a marketing role;
- An entrepreneurial mindset and experience leading and mentoring a small team;
- A tech-savvy individual with a strong knowledge of and experience with primary ad platforms, including AdWords, Facebook, and Youtube and experience with Shopify;
- Exemplary organizational skills and attention to detail with ability to prioritize and multi-task;
- A self-starter with the ability to work efficiently on one’s own yet effectively communicate and relationship-build within a small team environment;
- Demonstrated critical thinking and the ability to jump from the creative side of marketing to the analytical, including ability to adapt strategies; and
- Passion for emerging technology and digital trends and an interest in innovating and growing in the music marketing space.
Application Instructions: Please apply with a resume and cover letter to email@example.com . Include an example of a recent artist campaign that grabbed your attention, your favorite Blue Élan artist, and why you feel you are a good fit for this position. Deadline for applications is October 22, 2021. We thank all inquiries; however, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Blue Élan Records is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
Job Type : Full-Time
Education Level : Associate Degree, Bachelors Degree, Masters
Experience Level : Director
Job Function : Marketing