Director of Narrative and Creative Communications
Domino Recording Company is seeking a Director of Narrative and Creative Communications, a newly created position, based in Brooklyn, NY or Los Angeles, CA office. This senior position reports to the US Label Manager in Los Angeles. The ideal candidate has exceptional writing skills and a keen understanding of album and artist campaign narratives in the modern media landscape. The candidate should also have strong interpersonal skills, is highly motivated and has the ability to work in an open and creative group environment. The position requires excellent organizational and communication skills, strong musical knowledge, a superior handle on the existing music media, and a keen awareness of the ever-changing music marketplace. Essential to the role is a great understanding of music media landscape and how all forms of media play a role in the larger record release ecosystem.
The candidate must come with (five+ years) experience working in music journalism, editing and/or publicity and must be familiar with the North American media landscape.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Help develop, construct and write the narrative architecture of modern album campaigns by working closely with the artist(s), management, A&R, and marketing teams
- Oversee the US Publicity & Communications department, including the management of publicity team staff
- Develop and advise on high level media strategy for the label and artist roster including all forms of media (traditional, social, and more)
- Direct, advise and/or write creative album bios and press releases
- Write album/single campaign copy for marketing materials, DSP/radio pitches, newsletters and more
- Oversee relationships with external publicists (managing approvals, schedules, budgets, etc). - Advise on their work on artist campaigns
- Input on global publicity campaigns in coordination with our UK and international teams
- Work with artists, management and marketing staff in asset development, communications and creative strategies (press shots, etc)
- Seek unique and distinctive marketing and media opportunities for the entire stable of Domino artists
- Five+ years in music-related editorial, publicity or related field
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; personable and savvy
- Well-versed in media analytics
- Must have the ability to pay close attention to detail
- Excellent organizational skills
- Proficiency in MS Office / Google Drive
- Ability to multi-task
- Knowledge of label and current artists
Domino Recording Co. was founded in the UK in 1993 by Laurence Bell, who is still the primary creative force of the company. Initially focused on releasing singles and albums by American artists in the UK (Pavement, Bonnie "Prince" Billy, Sebadoh), the label has expanded over the past decade to include offices in New York, Los Angeles, Berlin, Paris and Sydney and has had considerable worldwide success, both commercial and artistic, with acts as diverse as Arctic Monkeys, Franz Ferdinand, Animal Collective, Dirty Projectors, Real Estate, Cat Power, Julia Holter, The Kills, Blood Orange, and Jon Hopkins to name a few.
Domino is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
Job Type : Full-Time
Education Level : ""
Experience Level : Middle Level
Job Function : Customer Service, General Management