DIM MAK, the record label & music lifestyle brand founded by Steve Aoki, seeks an outgoing and motivated Director of Publicity to oversee the execution of company PR initiatives, including record releases and live events.
Music PR experience is a must: record campaigns, tour/regional campaigns, trade press, conference press (SXSW, ADE, WMC / MMW, etc.). Established relationships with key dance music / EDM journalists and editors are a must. Background in EDM and/or indie music is a must. Key radio and music video contacts are a plus.
Candidate should have knowledge of the Dim Mak brand, as well as knowledge of the contemporary musical landscape, spanning electronic music and beyond. Candidate should be a motivated team player.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Oversee Dim Mak Publicity & Communications department, including the management of external PR teams
- Ensure PR executions align with overall artist & brand strategies
- Create and edit press releases, media alerts, bios, and other press kit materials
- Cultivate relationships with journalists in order to place stories with them; good publicists understand the inner-workings of the media and can recognize the stories that certain journalists want to write about
- Arrange and flesh out talking points for press visits, interviews, appointments, and on-site events (SXSW, Miami Music Week, Ultra Music Festival, etc.)
- Liaise with overseas and international partners to coordinate global press efforts
- Manage communication of PR reporting between all involved parties
- Maintain PR database
- 4+ years in music-related publicity or related field
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to multitask
- Proficiency in Google Drive
- Knowledge of Dim Mak and current roster
- Established media contacts across blogs, websites, radio, and TV
- Compensation commensurate with experience
- We offer medical and dental insurance via Blue Shield as well as vision via Medical Eye Services
Submit writing samples and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Job Type : Full-Time
Job Function : General Management, Development/Fundraising