Executive Assistant and Administration
The American Association of Independent Music (A2IM) is a not-for-profit trade group representing independently owned recorded music companies. A2IM is uniquely positioned in serving as a central voice for a diverse community of independent labels. A2IM operates within the United States focusing on government advocacy, education, and creating community and business opportunities for its members. Our membership is comprised of more than 600 record labels including Concord, Beggars Group, Epitaph, EMPIRE, Ninja Tune, GODMODE, MNRK, and Stones Throw as well as nearly 200 related music businesses such as Spotify, Discogs, and YouTube. A2IM represents members’ interests in the marketplace, in media and tech, on Capitol Hill, and as part of the global music community.
A2IM is open to remote workers, particularly in the New York, Nashville, Atlanta, Los Angeles or Miami metro areas. Employees are currently working remotely with an option to utilize A2IM’s NYC Lower East Side office. This role may eventually be required to be in the office up to 5 days per week for NYC employees. Attendance is required at A2IM flagship events in New York City each June.
The Executive Assistant and Administration role supports the President/CEO and General Manager with scheduling and travel (30%), administers accounts receivable (30%), supports sales by receiving and processing sales orders (20%), and performs general office duties that enable A2IM’s mission of supporting growth, awareness, and opportunities for independent music through advocacy, education, and community (20%).
This role requires a high level of organizational skills. The ideal candidate is a proactive and creative self-starter who will be able to work efficiently, professionally, and with a keen eye for details. The highest level of courteous customer service, efficient communication skills, and a positive attitude are imperative. The Executive Assistant will report directly to the General Manager.
Specific duties include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Executive Assistant to the President/CEO and General Manager
- Coordinating meetings and travel and communicating on the executives’ behalf
- Managing calendar and emails for the executives
- Scheduling meetings for the executives
- Taking accurate meeting notes and minutes; distributing them as needed
- Organizing an annual board retreat and board meetings throughout the year
- Filing on-time, monthly, expense reports for yourself and the executives
- Communicating with clients and members on billing matters including, but not limited to, invoicing, following up, and receiving payment for member companies and for sponsorships using Quickbooks and Growthzone
- Managing and maintaining regular billing cycles
- Maintaining a zero aged receivables policy
- Answering customer service questions about accounts payable
- Managing membership activation and termination on CRM
- Paying invoices sent to A2IM
- Assisting sales team in reporting
- Assisting sales team in completing required paperwork in a timely manner
- Reviewing staff expense reports
- Managing the office and light general office duties
- Assisting the team with any administrative tasks that may come up day-to-day, or researching possible solutions
- Brainstorming ideas for A2IM’s initiatives and execute administrative work for each initiative (ticketing, email communications, etc.)
Required Skills and Experience:
- Highly organized, detailed, accurate, and admin-savvy
- Go-getter; assertive problem solver
- High standards of discretion and trust
- Impeccable written and spoken communication and interpersonal skills
- Effective prioritization, time, and project management skills
- Excellent facility with numbers
- Familiarity with QuickBooks accounting systems is an asset
- The drive to go above and beyond to deliver world-class service for our members
- CRM, data management, analytical, and reporting skills
- Tech-savvy including use of computers, Internet, social media, Slack, MS Office, and Google suite
- Record label, music publishing, music distribution, management, or other relevant music industry experience is an asset
This is a full-time role with a remote option. A2IM is an equal opportunity employer and offers competitive compensation, health, dental and vision benefits, 401(k) with employer match, PTO, and respect for work-life balance. Travel, up to 25%, may be required.
Salary is based on location, relevant skills, knowledge, abilities and education and planned at an annual rate in the range is $37,000-$47,000.
Equal Opportunity and Diversity, Equity & Inclusion: The company is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, age, or any other status protected by law. Further, the company strives to create a diverse, welcoming, equitable and inclusive environment for all applicants, employees, customers, and suppliers.
To Apply: To apply for the role please apply here https://www.linkedin.com/jobs/view/3436189010 or to apply or recommend a qualified candidate via email at firstname.lastname@example.org and include Executive Assistant/Administration in the subject line.