Fat Possum Records is an independent music label established in 1992 based in Oxford, Mississippi and New York City. This role will report directly to the CFO in New York, and will frequently interact with staff across all departments. The candidate will support the CFO in all business operations of the Fat Possum label and its affiliated companies. The ideal candidate is passionate about music and Fat Possum’s diverse roster.
- Responsible for the administration of Marketing, A&R, and Overhead costs/invoices, including vendor setups, purchasing orders, and arranging for timely payment of invoices ensuring proper coding.
- Assist with quarterly artist, producer and participant royalty rate set-ups and statement preparation.
- Track monthly marketing spends vs budget on projects, and recoupment by artist contract.
- Assist in monthly accounting and payments to the company’s distributed labels.
- Register assets and copyrights with all performing rights collection societies.
- Process income statements, invoice receivables, and monitor collections on behalf of all departments.
- Bachelor’s degree with concentration in Finance or Accounting.
- Minimum 3 years of business experience in accounting or financial experience in the music industry.
- Expert Excel skills. Ability to consolidate, analyze and summarize large amounts of data down to a management reporting level.
- Organized, detail oriented with ability to meet deadlines while managing multiple tasks.
Salary is competitive and commensurate with experience. Please send resumes to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Job Type : Full-Time
Education Level : Bachelors Degree
Experience Level : Middle Level
Job Function : Finance & Accounting