Freelance Design Assistant
The Design Assistant role at Kemado Group spans both the Label (Mexican Summer, Anthology Recordings) and Publishing (Anthology Editions) brands, and is responsible for generating and delivering all creative requests as assigned by Label and Book Publisher teams. A central responsibility of this role is representing both brands and working to establish symmetry when and where possible. An ideal candidate is able to juggle multiple projects at once, while staying cool, calm and collected. This position is based in New York City.
- Generate and deliver mockups of concepts delivered by staff and artists
- Generate and deliver web based graphics and social assets in a variety of specs for marketing and advertising (web banners, print ads, digital/video ads)
- Creation and light editing of video content (video ads, visualizers, animations, etc.)
- Creation of one-sheets for sales and marketing
- Workshop new ideas for marketing and social initiatives with design and creative teams
- Ability to maintain strong organization of working files and final assets
- Product photography and bulk image retouching
- Some familiarity with video animation / motion graphics
- Proficient within the Adobe Suite (Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator, Acrobat, Premiere and/or After Effects)
- Relevant experience in the design / creative fields (jobs, internships, freelancing, residencies)
- Experience with photo retouching a plus, but not required
- Experience with shooting DSLR photography and/or video a plus, but not required
- Previous experience or interest in the music / book publishing industries a plus
To apply please email the following to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Cover Letter
- Portfolio or examples of previous work (website or pdf) if applicable
Equal Employment Opportunity and Non-Harassment:
Kemado Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer that does not discriminate on the basis of actual or perceived race, creed, color, religion, alienage, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, age, disability or handicap, sex, gender (including gender identity and gender expression, actual or perceived gender-related self-image, appearance, behavior, expression or other gender-related characteristic regardless of the sex assigned to that person at birth), familial status, marital or partnership status, caregiver status, pregnancy, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, genetic information, arrest or conviction record, unemployment status, credit history, domestic violence victim status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local laws. Our management team is dedicated to this policy with respect to recruitment, hiring, placement, promotion, transfer, training, compensation, benefits, accommodation requests, access to programs and facilities, employee activities and general treatment during employment.
Job Type : Contract
Education Level : Not Applicable
Experience Level : ""
Job Function : ""