Imagine being a part of an agile team where your ideas have the potential to reach millions. Picture working on cutting-edge consumer-facing products, where every single team member is a critical voice in the decision-making process. Envision being able to leverage the resources of a Fortune-500 company within the atmosphere of a start-up. Welcome to Amazon Music, where ideas are born and come to life as Amazon Music Unlimited, Prime Music, and so much more.
Everyone on our team has a meaningful impact on product features, new directions in music streaming, and customer engagement. We are looking for new team members across a variety of job functions including software engineering/development, marketing, design, ops and more. Come join us as we make history by launching exciting new projects in the coming year.
Our team is focused on building a personalized, curated, and seamless music experience. We want to help our customers discover up-and-coming artists, while also having access to their favorite established musicians. We build systems that are distributed on a large scale, spanning our music apps, web player, and voice-forward audio engagement on mobile and Amazon Echo devices, powered by Alexa to support our customer base. Amazon Music offerings are available in countries around the world, and our applications support our mission of delivering music to customers in new and exciting ways that enhance their day-to-day lives.
Come innovate with the Amazon Music team!
As the Head of Indie Label Relations, you will possess deep expertise, knowledge and relationships in the independent community – and above all – a passion for music from independent labels and artists. You will be the point person for working across an array of independent record labels, direct distribution companies and independent label services to conceive, negotiate and execute major and innovative artist campaigns. As an expert in the community, you will work highly collaboratively with both a large number of external industry counterparts, as well as a wide range of internal teams including artist relations, artist marketing, editorial and programming, as well as other adjacent functions.
The overarching objective of this role is to execute artist campaigns that drive career and fan growth for independent artists, and deliver world class music experiences to their fans on Amazon Music.
The Head of Indies Label Relations will be responsible for the following:
· Work across an array of independent record labels, direct distribution companies and independent label services and release schedules to identify priority artist partnerships (from emerging to superstar)
· Work in parallel with artist relations, artist marketing, editorial and programming, as well as other internal teams, to maximize business growth for all stakeholders
· Work with international colleagues to identify multi-national campaign opportunities
· Advocate for these partnerships internally to secure cross-functional buy-in
· Create, negotiate and execute partnership plans for independent music artists that deliver fan growth
· Continuously analyze and review performance data to iterate and improve based upon learnings
· Maintain a deep level of independent music cultural expertise by monitoring industry trends and identifying new opportunities
· Represent independent label and artist interests externally on behalf of Amazon Music
Are you up for the challenge?
Our environment is very fast-paced, and requires someone who is flexible, detail-oriented, supremely organized, analytical, and comfortable working with multiple teams and management.
If you have a passion for the independent community, growing a business at Amazon, working directly with independent record labels, distribution and services companies, and providing customers a great music experience - please apply!
· 5+ years experience with label relations, account management, product/project management or sales/marketing ideally with a specialist independent music role, label or artist management team
· Knowledge of music industry and digital media landscape
· Deep passion for the independent community and culture
· Sound work ethic with strong attention to detail and drive to deliver
· Excellent communication and organizational skills
· Experience in team-oriented work environment
· Ability to interact with stakeholders across all levels of seniority
· Bachelor’s degree preferred
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer - Minority/Female/Disability/Vet. Qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered in a manner consistent with all applicable local, state, and federal laws.
Job Type : Full-Time
Education Level : Bachelors Degree
Experience Level : Manager
Job Function : Business Management, Digital Marketing