This is a paid, hourly, 30-hour per week position with flexible scheduling based in Austin, TX. In this role you will undertake a wide variety of functions to support the operations of two indie labels with particular focus on marketing, production, and inventory management. The ideal candidate is passionate about music in the indie label ecosphere and is a detail-oriented self-starter with an eye for logistics and a nose for sniffing out new opportunities to develop our artists and maximize our catalog. Strong opportunity to develop into a full-time role for the right candidate.
- Support Indie Retail and Direct to Consumer Marketing, Radio Promotion, Publicity and Tour Marketing efforts.
- Submit and track production orders for physical goods (LP, CD, Cassette, Soft Goods, Promotional Items, Print Materials)
- Shipping and freight oversight, stock order processing and invoicing.
- Monitoring web store orders and inventory, fielding customer service inquiries and maintaining communication with warehouse staff.
- Database maintenance, mailing list management and mass mailing assembly.
- Assisting with newsletters, retail solicitation sheets, website news updates, social media posts, special projects and events as directed.
- Provide light executive administrative support, including managing calendars, scheduling, task checklists and special projects.
- Industry self-starter preferred (music retail, radio, writing, event promoter, producer, musician).
- An exceptional communicator with clear and concise writing and speaking skills.
- Self-motivated, proactive, and resourceful with excellent follow-through and attention to detail.
- Indie Rock / Folk / Pop / Experimental music fan with curiosity about the music industry and drive to seek out new opportunities for developing artists.
- Able to engage actively in a team atmosphere while positively representing the labels to a diverse group of external partners.
- Internet savvy, comfortable with new technologies & social networks.
- Capable of prioritizing competing tasks to critically assess the importance of different day-to-day requests and needs
- Proficient in G-Suite, Dropbox, MS Office, Dropbox and comfortable in Mac OS environment.
- Experience with Shopify, FilemakerPro, Mediabase, AtVenu, Hootsuite, WordPress or Adobe Creative Suite a plus.
Send cover letter & resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Job Type : Part-time
Education Level : Not Applicable
Experience Level : Entry Level
Job Function : Artist Relations, Product Management, Administrative, Marketing, Digital Marketing, Sales