About us: Tuff City Records is an independent record label in midtown Manhattan. Tuff City Records is a 40-year veteran company, rich with copyrights and other intellectual property. We execute a steady stream of third-party licenses for both physical and digital media, from records to TV to film to ad campaigns in America, Europe and Asia. In addition, we share copyrights with major labels that are now 1000 times our size. So we are more than occasionally in litigation to assert our copyright and contractual rights.
Position Title: Licensing Administrator
Rate: commensurate with experience
Schedule: 35-44 hours per week during business hours.
Location: On site
How to apply: Please send resumes and cover letters to: email@example.com. Please include the title of the position in the subject line. Please include the best time to reach you by phone in your message. You will be contacted by the hiring manager if selected to interview.
- Coordinate licensing deals. You will have oversight from receiving licensing requests to securing final approval.
- You must have a command of all the relevant entities for:
- registration (e.g. US Copyright Office)
- collection (e.g. BMI, Sound Exchange) and
- disbursement (e.g. Warner Music).
- Your work will require that you analyze, review, prioritize and resolve requests from various sources. We will expect you to be meticulous in researching and recording ownership information, and frequently audit the accuracy of your data.
- The ability to work with lawyers and to communicate in the language of contracts and copyrights
- A demonstrated ability working in licensing or contract administration roles within the music industry, ideally within music publishers, collecting societies and/or digital music services;
- Familiarity with the music publishing landscape, including expertise in the rights held by songwriters and music publishers, the relationship between them, and how these rights sit in the production environment;
- An unwavering attention to detail
- The ability to work well in a challenging environment
- An independent self-starter
Education and Experience:
BA/BS degree in Business or related subject
Paralegal experience a plus
Law degree is a big plus
Job Type : Full-Time
Education Level : Bachelors Degree
Experience Level : ""
Job Function : Administrative