Manager, Global Streaming New Releases
Exceleration Music is a new global music venture focused on investing in and providing personalized solutions to independent labels and artists. We strive to be a world-class record company for the future, based on flexibility, deep values and a passion for independent culture. We are building a team to join us on that journey. You will be joining a fast growing, values-focused organization, led by a team of renowned industry experts working with a broad range of music genres.
Driven by our core mission to respect, preserve and enhance the legacies and cultural identity of our growing list of artist and label partners, we care deeply about our company culture. We are committed to providing a working environment that is inclusive and promotes collaboration and contribution. Visit www.excelerationmusic.com to learn more about the company.
Exceleration Music’s Manager, Global Streaming New Releases will be involved in pitching new releases for Exceleration’s acquired and partner labels including Alligator Records, Kill Rock Stars, Side One Dummy, Bloodshot Records, Candid Records, Ray Charles Foundation and others. Working with the Marketing and Commercial Partnerships team, they will work directly with DSPs to pitch new releases for our growing roster of frontline artists and maintain relationships with the digital streaming partners. They will be knowledgeable of the needs of pitching and supporting artists globally as well as supporting non-US artists across territories. This person should be a self-starter who knows and understands the assets needed to support a range of partner opportunities as well as performance metrics. The ideal candidate will have experience with social digital platforms, and understand how to utilize these channels to help drive streaming performance.
This is a full-time role and reports to the Head of Global Marketing and Commercial Partnerships.
United States, remote. Colleagues are working virtually and currently based in Los Angeles, Nashville, New York, Boston, New Orleans and London.
● Work with label colleagues and other members of the artists’ team to understand the artist’s vision and set commercial streaming strategy for each release.
● Develop streaming plans and execute pitches for new releases, working together with the label marketing team to ensure alignment and maximize opportunities.
● Ensure that the labels create and provide the necessary assets for streaming campaigns to take advantage of opportunities available through the various partners.
● Take an integrated approach to partnering with social media platforms where music is monetized, such as TikTok and Meta.
● Research, build and test strategies to ensure success on DSP and 3rd party playlists.
● Nurture the development of new monetization platforms and formats.
● Use data and analytics to inform marketing, digital, DSP and social media marketing strategy.
● Monitor streaming metrics globally to identify areas of performance that can be leveraged per market and per streaming partner.
● Provide updates and reporting to label colleagues and artists as appropriate.
● Experienced music industry professional with 2+ years of experience pitching and working directly with a breadth of global DSP services and/or social platforms.
● Broad expertise in the DSP playlist and promotional ecosystem, with demonstrated success in influencing editorial and algorithmic programming.
● Forward-looking outlook on best practices in the music market, including the interplay of digital music services and social media companies, and developing formats such as short form video, Spatial Audio, and NFTs.
● Understanding and appreciation of the breadth of music and genres represented by Exceleration’s collection of labels.
● Ability to travel to company gatherings as held throughout the year.
● A deep knowledge and passion for music, with demonstrable values and a commitment to integrity that support the ethos of the company.
● A demonstrated ability to adapt, innovate and evolve in a growing company.
● Excellent oral and written communication and relationship building skills, with the confidence to lead and facilitate with matrixed teams towards specific goals and outcomes.
● Highly organized and process driven, with proficiency in business software including DSP analytics platforms, Luminate, Chartmetric, Google Workspace, Airtable etc.
A competitive salary, incentive and benefits package will be offered, commensurate with the role and the relevant experience of the final hire.
Diversity and Equal Opportunity
The company is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, age, or any other status protected by law. Further, the company strives to create a diverse, welcoming, equitable and inclusive environment for all applicants, employees, member companies and partners.
Apply via LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/talent/hire/505133193/job-post
Job Type : Full-Time
Education Level : ""
Experience Level : Manager
Job Function : Sales