Gravitas is seeking a motivated, curious, team-oriented and organized individual to work closely with managers, artists, and teammates to facilitate artist success in today’s music market. The Marketing Coordinator will act as the primary lead for artist and label marketing, PR, and advertising. This role will act as the Marketing Coordinator across all aspects of marketing campaigns, at the direction of Gravitas label manager to execute and implement strategic marketing and advertising initiatives to achieve the goals of Gravitas and our artists.
This role reports to the Label Manager and Label CEO
The Marketing Coordinator must have a foundational knowledge of the music industry, reporting goals, strategies, and highlights to artists and their management.
Candidates must be highly organized and demonstrate operational excellence. Candidates must also have the ability to manage multiple projects at once, create a strategy and execute marketing plans, monitor KPIs, manage and create budgets, communicate effectively across teams, build meaningful relationships, and take the initiative to think differently to encourage artists to tell their stories in an impactful way.
Our perfect candidate must be a team player and take action on any and all tasks that you can have a positive effect on. Gravitas is a small team and we all wear many hats. We’re looking for someone to step into a role, learn fast, and bring fresh energy to the table to help us create the artists of the future.
Gravitas actively encourages and welcomes applicants from diverse backgrounds and communities that are currently under-represented in the music industry: ethnic minorities, LGBTQ+, gender non-binary, neurodiverse and disabled.
- 2+ years demonstrable experience of working release campaigns at a Record Label, management company, Label Services provider, social media and digital marketing
- Knowledge of and professional experience with all major social media platforms (TikTok, Instagram, Facebook, Twitch, YouTube, Twitter, Discord etc.) including copy writing/editing, image editing/optimizing and scheduling/optimizing posts for best performance
- Experience with creating comprehensive marketing plans and strategies
- Fluency in Google suite of products (Sheets, Docs, Slides)
- Passionate music fan with broad knowledge of electronic music as well as the digital and social landscape
- Highly organized, detail oriented and able to manage multiple projects
- Creative self-starter with the ability to multi-task and thrive in a fast-paced and ever-changing environment
- Strong interpersonal skills as well as excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Flexible and curious about new tools, methods, and strategies
- Proactive with strong prioritization skills
- Basic knowledge of digital marketing KPIs
PREFERRED JOB SKILLS
- Strong knowledge of the artists and music we release
- Experience with photo/video editing software a plus
- Bachelor’s degree preferred (but not required)
- Strong network of relevant and up-to-date contacts and cultural digital communities in the music industry across all areas of marketing and promotion.
- Sharp knowledge of music streaming platforms (Spotify, Apple Music, YouTube, YouTube Music, Pandora, etc.) and analytics (Spotify Artist
- insights, Apple Connect, Amazon Artist Insights, Pandora, Youtube dashboard, etc)
WHAT WILL YOU BE DOING?
- Release Marketing Plan Creation – Creating structure for both Gravitas and the Artist to market releases. Giving artists guidance and input on different content ideas, engagement, and growth strategies.
- Social Calendar Management for the Label on Facebook, Twitter, Youtube, Instagram, Reddit, and TikTok.
- Review all marketing and social tasks assigned to artists and follow up
- Social Content Creation & Research – staying up to date with social media platforms & features, researching what content works best per platform for each release, and knowledge of each platforms algorithm
- Report on social media account growth and engagement
- Manage Gravitas Ambassadors to engage and create social media content
- Base Knowledge of Paid Ad Management – coordinate for label and with artist
- Create, Manage, and Report on ad campaigns every Friday
- Building PR relationships
- Playlist, Youtube Channels, and Blog outreach, coordination, and follow up for release marketing
- Assist Maya with One Sheets and PR campaigns on releases
- Assist Maya Submithub outreach, coordination, and follow up when needed
Hours: ~15 – 40 /wk
- Compensation: Starting at $15/hr, after 3 months, you will be considered for a raise.
Gravitas Music is an Austin, TX-based record label and creative collective that serves as a platform for international artists to showcase their work. The mantra of the multi-genre electronic music label, “doing good with good music”, has become a way of life.
Since its inception in 2011, Gravitas boasts over 175 releases from a selection of producers worldwide including CloZee, Of The Trees, Esseks, Mr. Bill, Au5, Psymbionic, Zebbler Encanti Experience, Somatoast, Minnesota, A Hundred Drums, Ahee, Wolf-e-Wolf, Edamame, Lil Fish, David Starfire, Cloudchord, and Morillo.
Job Type : Part-time, Full-Time, Contract
Education Level : Bachelors Degree, Associate Degree
Experience Level : Coordinator
Job Function : Marketing, Digital Marketing, Social Media