Marketing Managers are accountable for managing the artist brand across all touch points with the goal of building fan engagement and strong brand presence to lead to growth and conversion.
The Marketing Manager Lead reports directly to the General Manager of [PIAS] America and works closely with the [PIAS] international marketing teams.
The Marketing Marketing is accountable for managing the artist brand across all touch points with the goal of building fan engagement and strong brand presence to lead to growth and conversion.
• Develop and manage creative goal-orientated and value-added initiative marketing plans, timelines to budget.
• Working closely with A&R, Product Manager and Artist Management, define, design and manage key marketing initiatives that further the overall strategic vision of the artist.
• Conduct and communicate in-depth competitive analysis (through data, research and insights) of landscape trends using data insights and strong business acumen to impact top-line KPIs.
• Initiate creation of materials, visual imagery, marketing tools and sales and promotional assets alongside A&R, Product Manager and Artist Management.
• Act as primary communication liaison between artist/manager and label staff for each project.
• Work closely with and support the digital team to maximize DSP platform exposure and exploitation
• Develop Direct-to-Consumer campaigns in the region.
• Lead all aspects of overall artist development across teams (Product, Publicity, Radio, Trade/Sales, Digital Marketing, etc.) to ensure project momentum is maximized and marketing plans are fully and successfully executed.
• Grow fanbases using DSPs, social media, SEO, email/text, web, data-capture and advertising.
• Manage multiple budgets for each project to ensure the project remains financially feasible; Conduct retrospectives on marketing initiatives to measure effectiveness such as artist growth across applicable social and retail platforms and overall current and long term profitability.
• Secure strategic brand placements and opportunities with outside partners to widen the exposure.
• Brief & self-create both organic and paid for original content for online use
• Ensure that project milestones and goals are met within time and on budget
• Work closely with and support Product Manager + Operations and their needs on physical and digital formats
• Measure and report performance of all marketing activities, and assess against goals (ROI and KPIs)
• Using analytics including DSP & social metrics, continually re-evaluate project and campaign momentum, identifying tent poles and long term goals that guide team efforts to refine future initiatives.
• Recommend and provide regular input on which artists should be marketed and prioritized
• Attend showcases, live gigs, launches and industry functions outside of normal work hours
• Regularly share insights and reports of all activities and results to key stakeholders.
• Teach best practices internally and externally and highlight current trends
• Maintain awareness of social trends, market positioning, and the industry in general.
• Grow brand awareness for the [PIAS] Group and its reputation as an innovative record company.
• Mentor and coach more junior marketing team members.
Skills & Experience:
• Expert knowledge of the North America music industry with insight into Global industry.
• Highly skilled in consumer marketing and artist development for alternative music.
• Advanced knowledge of the music consumption eco-system including digital, retail, D2C
• Ability to manage marketing campaign budgets and monitor their efficiency
• Ability to construct and implement innovative marketing strategies and ideas
• Creative Marketing skills: coming up with creative marketing strategies or A&R ideas that strengthen and prolong campaigns
• Ability to work within a team environment.
• Ability to build strong relationships with artists, artist managers, A&Rs, independent labels, tour agents etc in multiple countries
• Strong coordination skills and drive : ability to coordinate artist and all artist teams, managements/label/A&R teams, together with promotion and sales team to optimise each campaign.
• Needs to be extremely organised, ability to multi-task and work under pressure within a team environment.
• Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite.
• Ability to travel internationally
Job Type : Full-Time
Education Level : ""
Experience Level : ""
Job Function : Development/Fundraising, Administrative