Media Relations Manager (full-time, NYC)
Marauder is looking for a Media Relations Manager to join our growing team, which serves a uniquely diverse client roster within the entertainment and music industry.
This person will play a key role in the day-to-day operations of Marauder’s communications department, setting up processes for the fast-growing agency while liaising directly with clients and media to develop, implement, and execute successful media campaigns. Applicants should possess excellent written and verbal communications skills, have the ability to prioritize tasks and timelines effectively, be able to nurture and grow media relationships, and bring creative ideas to the table. Candidates are expected to have a strong interest in music and the entertainment industry as a whole. This role reports directly to Marauder’s Director of Communications.
- Develop, implement, and execute impactful PR strategies and timelines
- Day-to-day project-and client management
- Produce communications materials, including press releases, media pitches, bio blurbs, general marketing copy, fact sheets, etc., as well as follow-up reports
- Expand and maintain Marauder internal comms operational processes and media database
- Manage and oversee campaigns executed by partners and third-party organizations
- Oversee interns on work that relates to daily tasks including reporting, market research, data entry, and more
- Occasionally travel to conferences, festivals, key shows, and media engagements to work on client’s behalf or expand industry relationships
Desired Skills & Experience:
- 3-5 years experience media relations, publicity and communications
- Solid relationships and understanding of key music and entertainment industry media
- Track record of success
- A demonstratively strong communicator, both verbally and in writing
- Passionate about creative arts and the industry that is fueled by it
- Highly organized, self-motivated, and the ability to excel in an entrepreneurial environment
- Results-oriented and forward-thinking
- Collaborative and flexible
- Must be legally able to work in the United States
- Must have or be able to secure a valid passport
Compensation & Benefits:
- $50,000-$60,000/year commensurate with experience
- Adjustable and accommodating work schedule
- Flexible PTO policies
- Health insurance costs are substantially covered by Marauder, with some plans completely covered
Interested candidates should submit their resumes and cover letters to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Marauder is an independent creative marketing firm working at the intersection of business, art, and culture.
Positioning clients for growth, the company approaches each project with the dedication of a long-term partner, connecting a roster of globe-spanning entertainment organizations and artistic talent with North American audiences.
The organization’s unique advantage comes from custom-creating solutions for each client’s specific needs, with the ability to combine multiple services and strategies into every project it takes on.
Marauder works with a wide variety of artists and organizations including fine arts and economic development organizations; conferences and festivals; record labels from both established and emerging markets; music technology products; non-profits; one-off events; and entirely self-funded artists.
Marauder created The Port Authority Music Export Academy, produces and promotes Independent Venue Week in the US, works with A2IM (American Association of Independent Music), NIVA (National Independent Venue Association), M For Montreal, See Tickets North America, Basilica Hudson, and some of the most compelling independent labels and artists both internationally and stateside.
Job Type : Full-Time
Education Level : Bachelors Degree
Experience Level : Manager
Job Function : Marketing