Mute seeks a part-time Digital Marketing Coordinator
The Digital Marketing Coordinator will report to the VP of Marketing. The position is responsible for creating digital marketing assets, social media posting and development, newsletter marketing, basic website updates as well as coordinating general label reports. The ideal candidate will be knowledgeable and enthusiastic about the label’s history and culture as well as demonstrating superior organizational skills and attention to detail. The candidate must be a motivated self-starter with the ability to work well with a close-knit international team.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Social Media Management, including Instagram, Twitter, Facebook, TikTok, Youtube, and more
- Basic website management, including news posts, banner updates, etc
- Digital platform maintenance, including uploading lyrics to Musixmatch, making sure “Sounds” appear properly on social platforms, artist profiles are Verified, etc.
- Compile and distribute weekly internal project reports
- Digital asset creation, including designing web banners and video trailers
- Ensuring appropriate filing and archiving of marketing assets
- Newsletter marketing via Mailchimp, Promojukebox, and Bandsintown
- Third party playlist pitching on DSPs
- College degree preferred but not mandatory
- 1-2 years experience in the music industry or digital marketing required
- Proficiency with Adobe Suite (or comparable design software)
- Strong command of prevalent social media platform best practices
- Must be highly organized, proactive, creative and collaborative
- Must be able to work well in a creative but fast paced environment with a tight-knit international team and evolving workload
The position is 20 hours a week, 4 hours a day, Monday – Friday, $18/hr (based on experience). Interested applicants should send resume and cover letter to email@example.com.
About the label:
Mute was founded by Daniel Miller in 1978, and since then has signed and developed some of the world’s most influential recording artists – including Depeche Mode, M83, Nick Cave & The Bad Seeds, The Knife, Yaz, Goldfrapp, Erasure, José González, Moby, Fever Ray, Apparat, Liars, Can, Yann Tiersen, and New Order (to name a few) – and become home to a crop of emerging talent and recent signings such as Chris Liebing, Alessandro Cortini, Visionist / Louis Carnell, KÁRYYN, Ora The Molecule, Desire Marea, Daniel Avery, and HAAi.
Whilst maintaining a firmly eclectic roster, from the earliest days of The Normal, Fad Gadget and Cabaret Voltaire through to the techno era with artists such as Plastikman/Richie Hawtin and Speedy J, and to the present day with the reinvigorated catalogue acquisitions including Throbbing Gristle, A Certain Ratio, Barry Adamson, and Anita Lane, the label has always been a champion of alternative and electronic music.
Job Type : Part-time
Education Level : High School
Experience Level : Coordinator
Job Function : Digital Marketing, Social Media