[PIAS] America is seeking a National Publicity Manager. The position will report to the General Manager and Head of [PIAS] America in Los Angeles. The ideal candidate has excellent organization, time-management, interpersonal and written communication skills as well as a vast knowledge of the current media landscape and relationships with US press.
It’s essential that the candidate possesses extensive musical knowledge, is a motivated self-starter and can work well within a team to creatively strategize media within an ever-changing industry surrounding release campaigns.
Please share three (3) examples of your writing via bio, press releases, etc.
The National Publicity Manager will plan and execute North American press campaigns for artists across the [PIAS] group spanning print, online and televised media. This is done utilizing an extensive knowledge of the ever-changing US media landscape & knowing where and how to position specific artists and pitch them to the right journalists. Across the roster there is an emphasis on developing artists in this market, often for the first time, to help build the brands and identities of both [PIAS] proper and our partner labels in America.
- Coordinate global publicity campaigns in line with our UK & International teams.
- Drafting, editing and sending out press releases and albums servicings to key media.
- Utilizing strong writing skills to shape press narratives in pitches and releases.
- Liase w/ label heads, artists and management to discuss targets, positioning and expectations.
- Maintain extensive media list and knowledge of music media, through both reading it constantly to gauge who is covering what/where and also developing a rapport with the journalists themselves.
- Designing thoughtful pitches and creative ideas for pertinent media for each artist to help secure coverage over press campaigns.
- Compiling press updates and reports.
- Coordinate with any outside hires to deliver assets, discuss campaigns and monitor progress.
- Administer media training excercises / questionairres to artists to gather valuable information about them that can help form positioning.
- Liase on the ground at photo shoots, interviews, sessions and any other in-person promo opp, making sure everything runs smoothly and the artist is comfortable.
- At least 3 years in music publicity or a related field.
- Excellent writing, organization and communication skills.
- Excellent time management.
- Extensive knowledge of our labels and artist rosters.
- Extensive knowledge of current media landscape.
Job Type : Full-Time
Education Level : ""
Experience Level : ""
Job Function : Development/Fundraising, General Management, Marketing