We are an independent record label based in Silver Lake seeking an entry-level part-time junior illustrator/graphic designer. The ideal candidate will have strong skills in both areas and the ability to work within the style of the brands to help create packaging and social media content. The position offers approximately 20 hours a week.
• Working with both our senior designers on aspects of our CD/vinyl packages including layout, printing proofs and coordinating with the rest of the team to get the packages approved
• Creating social media content
• Archiving previous packages
• Layout and send Mailchimp eblasts
• Helping with animations, particularly for our Rockabye Baby brand
• Updating older packages for reissue
• Printing sales material for our online store
• Designing/prepping files for screen printing apparel and soft goods
• BA in illustration/graphic designer or relevant experience
• Expertise in all aspects of Adobe Creative Suite
• Collaborative: someone who enjoys the creative process and who is comfortable with receiving input and constructive criticism
• Enjoys throwing out ideas
• Creative thinker who is highly organized and meticulous
• A strong sense of color is essential
• Photography skills are a plus
• Animation experience preferred but not required
• Strong interest in, and broad knowledge of music
Sense of humor
Self-directed along with collaborative
Able to prioritize
Able to handle multiple projects at once
Works well under pressure
Please submit your resume and cover letter explaining why you are a great fit for the job to be considered for the position. Include bullet points highlighting relevant skills and experience. Please put the word “illustrator/graphics” as the subject title of your e-mail and include a link to your website or portfolio.
Pay commensurate with qualifications and experience.
As an equal opportunity employer, ensuring a diverse and inclusive workplace is core to our values.
Thank you for your interest.
Job Type : Part-time
Education Level : ""
Experience Level : ""
Job Function : General Management, Development/Fundraising