Partnerships & Sales
A2IM (The American Association of Independent Music)
Responsibilities: The Partnerships & Sales role will focus primarily on prospecting and closing new sponsorships for A2IM’s flagship events in June 2022: Indie Week and the Libera Awards, as well as generating financial support for new business endeavors. Additionally, this individual will serve existing customers by selling services, partnership opportunities, and meeting customer needs.
Specific duties include, but are but not limited to, the following:
● Prospect and qualify new business leads
● Manage and develop both new business opportunities and existing sales pipeline
● Serve customers by selling products and meeting customer needs
● Identify trends and customer needs, building a short/medium/long-term sales pipeline in accordance with targets
● Focuses sales efforts by qualifying leads
● Keep management informed by submitting activity and results reports, such as daily call reports, weekly work plans, and monthly and annual analyses
● Monitor industry best practices by gathering current marketplace information on pricing, products, new services, delivery schedules
● Resolve customer concerns by investigating problems, developing solutions, preparing reports, and making recommendations to management
● Provide historical records by maintaining records on area and customer sales.
Preferred Skills and Experience:
● Successful track record in B2B sales and negotiation
● Working experience with sales techniques
● Proficiency with data analysis, forecasting, and budgeting
● CRM, data management, analytical, and reporting skills
● Conference and event sales experience is an asset
● Record label, management, or other relevant music industry experience is an asset
Required Skills and Experience:
● Skilled at closing sales and deals
● Go-getter; assertive problem solver
● Highly organized, detail-oriented
● Impeccable written and spoken communication and interpersonal skills
● Effective prioritization, time, and project management skills
● Excellent facility with numbers
● Tech-savvy including use of computers, Slack, MS Office, and Google suite
Job Type: Full-time temp to hire
A2IM is an equal opportunity employer and offers competitive compensation and benefits.
Compensation is commensurate with experience.
To Apply: To apply for the role or recommend a qualified candidate please email: firstname.lastname@example.org and include Partnerships & Sales in the subject line.
Location: At A2IM’s headquarters in New York, NY. Employees are currently working remotely due to the pandemic. When it is safe to return to the office, this role may be required to be in the office up to 5 days per week. A2IM may consider remote workers.
About A2IM: The American Association of Independent Music (A2IM) is a trade group representing independently owned recorded music companies. A2IM is uniquely positioned in serving as a central voice for a diverse community of independent labels. A2IM operates within the United States focusing on government advocacy, education, and creating business opportunities for its community. Our membership comprises more than 600 record labels including Beggars Group, Epitaph, EMPIRE, Ninja Tune, GODMODE, and Stones Throw as well as 200 relevant music businesses such as Spotify, Discogs, and SXSW. A2IM represents members’ interests in the marketplace, in media and tech, on Capitol Hill, and as part of the global music community. A2IM focuses on government advocacy, education, and creating community through networking for its members.
Job Type : Full-Time
Education Level : ""
Experience Level : Middle Level, Manager, Coordinator
Job Function : Business Development, Sales