FOREIGN FAMILY COLLECTIVE
POSITION: PRODUCT MANAGER
LOCATION: SEATTLE, WASHINGTON
ABOUT FOREIGN FAMILY COLLECTIVE
Foreign Family Collective is an outlet for musicians and visual artists alike, curated by the duo behind ODESZA. Launched in 2015, the label has released music from artists from around the world, including RÜFÜS DU SOL, Big Wild, Jai Wolf, Kasbo, ford., and Mild Minds among many others.
Foreign Family Collective is seeking a full-time Product Manager for their Seattle office. The ideal candidate would have a minimum of 5 years of experience within the music industry with a focus on product management. This role will be busy and demanding, and require both a creative skillset and an ability and enthusiasm for administration. There will be a high degree of responsibility in this role; managing record release campaigns from beginning to end, working closely with all label departments, distribution, 3rd party teams, and vendors. An eye for detail will be essential, as will a strong knowledge of online trends and tools. A good knowledge of the live music scene will also be important. Familiarity with the label, artists and genre of music is preferred.
● Lead product management of single and album campaigns for Foreign Family Collective, overseeing the ‘bigger picture’ on campaigns and ensuring all areas are working properly and feeding off each other.
● Work with key staff members to develop, execute, and implement exciting and effective marketing ideas, campaigns, and timelines.
● Oversee all stages of releases from inception to post-release.
● Facilitate digital / physical singles and album deliveries, setting up releases and ensuring logistical release processes run smoothly and effectively with distribution teams.
● Create and maintain campaign timelines, briefing teams and spreading release information efficiently.
● Work with Label Manager to keep label release calendar up to date and properly scheduled.
● Compile detailed reports of marketing work on individual campaigns, to ensure that all results are communicated to FFC staff, distribution, digital sales team, external marketing agencies and artist management.
● Coordinate marketing teams; hiring PR, radio etc, driving, monitoring and motivating external agencies, enhancing their work via your own relationships with radio and press, and managing the wider team on releases to ensure effective work.
● Research, outreach and hiring of Creatives (e.g. designers, animators, video production companies, etc) for campaigns.
● Communicate and brief managers and artists constantly on active campaigns, being the internal and external point of contact for them.
● Work with label team to ensure campaign assets are created (in-house or outsourced) and delivered in a timely manner for campaigns.
● Create marketing budgets for campaigns to be approved by Label Manager.
● Develop and maintain contacts in the creative services (e.g. video directors, videographers, photographers, designers, etc) and oversee creation of creative content including music videos, online campaigns and other promotional marketing assets.
● Generate and pitch creative ideas for album and single campaigns.
● Oversee and coordinate manufacturing of physical product related to releases including product setup at plants, proofing of print files, and coordination of final product to distributors and retail.
● Compile and maintain metadata and label copy for releases.
● Creation of one sheets, pitch decks, and sales updates when needed.
● Minimum 5 years of product management experience or similar role within the music industry.
● An excellent understanding of marketing campaigns & emerging trends in the music industry.
● Excellent organizational skills and ability to manage multiple campaigns in a fast-paced environment.
● Relationships in music and related industries including DSPs, press, and radio.
● Contacts in the creative services arena (e.g. video directors, videographers, photographers, animators, designers, etc.).
● Strong technical understanding of organizational tools (GSuite, Dropbox) and platform-specific analytics tools.
● Resourceful at working within independent label budgets.
● Bachelor’s degree, or higher level of education, preferred.
● Basic design skills (Adobe Creative Suite) would be considered a plus.
Please email email@example.com with resume and cover letter for consideration.
Job Type : Full-Time
Education Level : Bachelors Degree
Experience Level : Manager
Job Function : Product Management