Pex is a digital rights technology company, enabling the fair and transparent use of copyright online. Our advanced licensing infrastructure allows platforms to manage and license content in real-time and at scale, enables rightsholders to take total control of their content, and empowers creators to upload freely while respecting copyright.
As a team on a mission to democratize digital rights for everyone, we believe in a free, fair, and transparent Internet where rights are respected and attribution is the norm. We put empathy at the heart of our interactions because we believe that this trait is the most important one for effective teams. We believe in transparency and we practice what we preach. We do our best each day to create an equal, inclusive, safe, challenging, and fun place to work.
Building the first solution capable of identifying, attributing, and licensing content in real-time, even before it’s published, is no small feat, so we’re looking for experienced Product Managers to join us on our quest to bring freedom, fairness, and transparency to the Internet.
The Product team at Pex is looking for experienced Product Managers to guide the development and success of our products for our Metadata, Platforms, and Payments teams. As Product Manager for one of these three teams, you will set the strategy, roadmap, and feature definition of our products and lead the cross-functional teams that are responsible for building and improving them. Additional responsibilities include:
• Coordinating a team of Pex designers, developers, and business managers to achieve business objectives
• Setting strategic priorities for Metadata, Platforms, or Payments team, creating and executing project plans following an agile framework
• Synthesizing information and technical concepts into key takeaways to inform decision making
• Functioning as a bridge for communication between each team/pod and the rest of Pex
• Proactively communicating pertinent information to stakeholders and supporting efforts with detailed documentation
• Understanding client and market needs and using feedback, industry best practices, and available data to inform the product development roadmap and set clear expectations with all stakeholders
• Collaborating heavily with other Pex teams to ensure cross-pod projects run smoothly
• Championing the product roadmap across the organization
• 3+ years of product management experience
• Experience managing a data-centric product and/or working heavily with the business-side of a data-centric product or organization
• Strong technical acumen and ability to collaborate with engineers and designers and translate technical concepts effectively to non-technical stakeholders
• Track record of delivering on commitments and timelines and working effectively in a fully remote and distributed team environment
• Excellent organizational, written, and oral communication skills
Perks and Benefits:
• Salary: $120,000 - $150,000 USD
• Equity, with perks like a 10-year exercise window
• Competitive health insurance (99% employee and 70% dependent premium coverage for US-based employees)
• 401(k) with a considerable match for all US-based employees
• 30 days of paid time off + 9 paid holidays + the day off on your birthday
• Generous paid parental leave
• A fully remote working environment and supportive culture that cares about both excellent work and work-life balance
Pex is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Since Pex is committed to the full inclusion of all qualified individuals, we strive to ensure that people with disabilities are provided with reasonable accommodations. If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process, please let us know when applying for a particular role in the “Additional Information” section.
Job Type : Full-Time
Education Level : ""
Experience Level : Manager
Job Function : Product Management