Formed in London in 1990 by Matt Black and Jonathan More, the duo known as Coldcut, Ninja Tune has established itself as one of the world’s leading independent record labels, etching its story into the pages of ground-breaking British music. Now a bonafide global music institution, synonymous with diverse releases and equally visionary artists—from breaking to GRAMMY-winning acts—committed to pushing the boundaries of music. We release uncompromising music from artists such as Bonobo, ODESZA, Thundercat, Bicep, Jayda G, Little Dragon, and many more.
We are currently expanding our Los Angeles office and are looking for an exceptional Product Manager to join the team to work across our leading imprints Ninja Tune and Counter Records.
This role will be responsible for planning and executing campaigns with the Ninja Tune team, artists, and managers, with a high degree of responsibility; you will manage record release campaigns from beginning to end, working closely with the A&R, production, marketing, digital, social media, and international teams.
The candidate should have at least five years of experience creating and managing record campaigns and an awareness and appreciation for Ninja Tune & Counter Records in particular. This role will be busy and demanding and requires creative flair, ability, and enthusiasm for administration.
• Work with all label departments & client partners, including agents & managers, to effectively plan & execute marketing campaigns with a special focus on our key Dance releases (Counter Records).
• Take a key leadership role in coordinating and energizing various departments to proudly deliver clear, innovative & organized marketing campaigns.
• Develop a creative marketing strategy, and implement that strategy with a high degree of responsibility to drive consumption & sales and reach campaign goals.
• Oversee the bigger picture & ensure all areas of a campaign are working together.
• Coordinate and facilitate set up of digital & physical releases and ensure logistical processes run smoothly- including delivery & pitching to DSP partners, physical manufacturing, distribution and stock levels.
• Help develop strategic and creative pitches for key streaming projects and partnerships across the digital landscape.
• Hire marketing retainers and other third parties for press, radio where necessary, and drive and manage those relationships and campaigns to ensure effective work.
• Work with the overall team to ensure campaign assets are procured in a timely fashion, ranging from artwork, remixes, visual content, and social messaging plans.
• Create and maintain campaign timelines, briefing teams and sharing release information efficiently worldwide.
• Create detailed reports of all marketing work on individual campaigns, to ensure that all results are communicated to internal staff, global distribution partners, digital sales team, external marketing agencies and artist management.
• Create and maintain campaign budgets.
• Collaborate with the digital strategy team to devise integrated digital campaigns and embrace new technologies, social media trends, and their benefits.
• Work with the sales teams to coordinate and confirm a strong DSP and physical retail plan to drive consumption including streams, pre-orders, pre-saves and sales.
• Coordinate the manufacture of supporting marketing assets including retail posters, stickers, merch, etc for retail.
• Plan & implement advertising on your campaigns with the digital team as well as Head of Marketing, and analyze advertising and marketing to ensure effectiveness.
• Analyze data including social media and sales data to best plan and manage campaigns.
• Work alongside the entire team to suggest & implement creative marketing on your campaigns, and brainstorm and contribute inspiring campaign ideas.
• Look for new, innovative ways to market and promote our artists, releases, and labels.
• Additional ad hoc deliverables to reach campaign goals.
• Minimum 5+ years of product management experience in the music industry.
• Passionate about music with a specific awareness & appreciation of Ninja Tune.
• An excellent understanding of marketing campaigns & emerging trends in the music industry.
• Excellent organizational skills and ability to manage multiple campaigns in a fast-paced environment.
• Proven capability to work autonomously, demonstrating the ability to make impactful decisions.
• Efficient, with excellent time management skills and the ability to prioritize.
• Overall drive and ability to push projects through to completion.
• Strong communication skills, both written and verbal.
• Excellent relationship-building and relationship-management skills.
• Ability to handle difficult situations with tact and diplomacy.
• Excellent ability to problem solve and keep calm under pressure.
• Current awareness & understanding of digital media platforms & trends.
• Strong technical understanding of organizational tools (GSuite) and platform-specific analytics tools.
• Hard-working and enthusiastic.
• Bachelor’s degree, or higher level of education, preferred.
To apply, please submit a resume and cover letter to: email@example.com
Job Type : Full-Time
Education Level : Bachelors Degree
Experience Level : Middle Level, Manager
Job Function : Product Management