Partisan Records, an independent music company from Brooklyn, NY with offices in London, LA, and Berlin seeks an experienced Product Manager to join its US team based in New York. Founded by Tim Putnam and Ian Wheeler, Partisan has become known for achieving commercial success with alternative music of all genres, without compromising the artist’s vision. Partisan is a record company on the rise, having earned a growing number of accolades since 2019, including Grammy nominations for ‘Deran’ by Bombino, ‘A Hero’s Death’ by Fontaines D.C. and ‘Song For Our Daughter’ by Laura Marling. In 2020 they also achieved a #1 UK album for ‘Ultra Mono’ by IDLES. Click here to learn more about Partisan Records.
The Product Manager will be a music marketer who has experience running commercially and artistically successful campaigns. The role will work with the marketing team and outside agencies to execute campaigns globally, with a focus on the US market. Ideal candidates will be extremely organized, have the ability to work directly with artists and their management teams and be able to inspire trust and confidence as they shape ideas for new projects.
Location and Reporting
This is a full-time role based in New York and will report to the Director of Marketing for North America.
- Establish the marketing strategy for the record campaign, including visual creative through-lines, with the artist and management team. Collaborate on narrative and audience development with internal team specialists.
- Identify sales and marketing goals and targets, including account exclusives.
- Manage budgets and forecasting spends.
- Write marketing plans that cover retail, digital, outdoor, live, promo and all other campaign-related marketing including sync.
- Liaise with live agents, promoters and artist managers to develop an effective live plot
- Hire and manage promo teams, relevant third parties and creative/art directors where relevant – includes securing agreements.
- Manage in house and third-party promo teams for North America
- Manage and coordinate promo requests.
- Develop artwork, physical product and merch items with band and art director developing and assembling creative and promotional assets.
- Work closely with international product manager to maximize US results internationally and vice-versa.
- Liaise with distribution team via the Director of Physical Sales to forecast product quantities and maximize sales.
- Utilize data analytics to guide strategic decisions.
- Key point person for the entire campaign.
- Set up internal team resources per campaign.
- Provide reporting, campaign specific updates, feedback, and ideas to key group and label stakeholders related to assigned campaigns.
- Initiate and lead regular project meetings.
- Build out timeline including strategic rollout.
- Meet and communicate delivery deadlines including production.
- Deliver completed label copy and approved masters to relevant team members for distribution.
- Keep all partners, artists, team members on track to meet deadlines.
- Represent the label in the Americas.
- Improve skills and knowledge.
- Motivate, support and nurture (where appropriate) other team members.
- Being collaborative.
- Keep an ear to the ground for new business opportunities including new artists.
- Clearly communicate whereabouts to the entire team.
- Minimum 3 years product management experience at a label.
- A thorough understanding of the ever-evolving music marketing landscape.
- Extremely organized with attention to detail and ability to maintain quality control across all elements of the campaign.
- Proactive business friendly style in written and verbal communication with a keen sense of urgency to complete tasks.
- Strong commercial sensibilities.
- Excellent time management skills.
- Ability to work with limited supervision.
- Team player.
A competitive salary and benefits package will be offered, commensurate with the role and the relevant experience of the final hire.
Equal Opportunity and DEI
Partisan Records is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, age, or any other status protected by law. Further, the company strives to create a diverse, welcoming, equitable and inclusive environment for all applicants, employees and partners.
To express interest in the role or recommend a qualified candidate, please email resumes to Careers@EnterGain.com and include “Partisan Product Manager” in the subject line.
Job Type : Full-Time
Education Level : ""
Experience Level : Middle Level
Job Function : Marketing