WHO WE ARE:
Mexican Summer is an independent record label serving specialty formats from Brooklyn, New York since 2009. Our mission is to support the work of adventurous musicians without the limitations of genre or form. Under the umbrella of the Kemado Group, Anthology is the conglomerate’s music reissue and book publishing brand that explores musical heritage through serialized and standalone archival endeavors.
The Music Production Manager oversees the manufacturing and distribution of all Mexican Summer and Anthology Recordings output, from project inception to delivery of physical and digital products. During a production cycle, the Music Production Manager anchors discussion between A&R, Sales, Design, and Project Management to schedule release dates and deliverable deadlines; deliver audio and art packages to manufacturers; determine pricing and configurations; and oversee all freight logistics for delivery of finished goods to distributors and partners.
- An organized person with a strong awareness of deadlines
- LP / CD / merch / point of sale production experience would be advantageous
- A clear communicator with the confidence to lead meetings
- An understanding of digital streaming platforms and the ingestion process
- Basic layout and editing with Adobe suite desirable
- Proficient in Google Sheets / Excel
CORE RESPONSIBILITIES (WHAT YOU’LL BE DOING):
- Manage product development alongside the design and project management team
- Manage international shipping logistics
- Deliver all products (Digital, physical and video) to distribution partners
- Generate and maintain metadata
- Continue to grow our relationship with our manufacturing broker
- Oversee supply chain logistics and stock management
- Proof artwork and label copy
- Work with sales on catalog marketing initiatives, identifying represses and specs for exclusive editions
- Manage and report production related spending across all imprints both for commercial and non-commercial goods
- QC audio and visual files so they meet specifications for deliver at distribution
- Stay current on and own digital delivery best practices, and creative set up strategies
- Able to maintain an active in-person presence at the Brooklyn-based office and at company events in the greater New York area. (Significant office presence initially required, but generally flexible around WFH time.)
Paid Health Insurance Plan
401K with employer match
Paid Holidays including end of year closure
Equal Employment Opportunity and Non-Harassment:
Kemado Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer that does not discriminate on the basis of actual or perceived race, creed, color, religion, alienage, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, age, disability or handicap, sex, gender (including gender identity and gender expression, actual or perceived gender-related self-image, appearance, behavior, expression or other gender-related characteristic regardless of the sex assigned to that person at birth), familial status, marital or partnership status, caregiver status, pregnancy, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, genetic information, arrest or conviction record, unemployment status, credit history, domestic violence victim status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local laws. Our management team is dedicated to this policy with respect to recruitment, hiring, placement, promotion, transfer, training, compensation, benefits, accommodation requests, access to programs and facilities, employee activities and general treatment during employment.
To apply, send a resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Include "Production Manager position" in the subject line.
Job Type : Full-Time
Education Level : ""
Experience Level : Manager
Job Function : Product Development