The Publicist will work alongside the senior publicity team to execute effective media campaigns for Nettwerk Artists and monitor artists' presence within media through high-quality organization and attention to detail. The job requires a highly motivated multitasker with strong writing, research, and interpersonal skills. Applicant should be organized, ambitious, and a team player with a strong general knowledge of music and entertainment PR. The position requires familiarity and experience working with national publications, online, television, and social media outlets/influencers.
- Planning and executing short-term and long-term effective media campaigns across national and regional outlets for Nettwerk artists
- Create and disseminate press releases around major assets (singles, videos, albums, etc.) with thorough follow-up to maximize placement and coverage.
- Gather and maintain artist assets (long- and short-form biographies, press photo)
- Work with label marketing team (marketing, online, radio, sales, and managers) to help create and execute integrated marketing plans
- Track and report artist press coverage
- Update and maintain press database
- Qualified candidates for this position must have:
- 3-5 years music publicity experience
- Extremely strong writing skills with proven experience writing press releases and pitches
- Strong understanding of music media outlets, especially online media
- Strong knowledge of and active user of social media platforms
- Previously established relationships with media and influencers a plus
- Highly organized with strong attention to detail
- Strong time management skills and ability to handle multiple projects at once
- Superb interpersonal skills and ability to work within a team structure
- Adaptable to change and proactive
- Basic computer skills, like Microsoft Office, Google Docs, etc.
Please send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com, with the subject line: Publicist Role. We thank all inquiries; however, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Nettwerk is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.