Secretly Group Seeks VP, Operations, North & South America
Title: VP, Operations, North & South America
Hours: 40/week, Monday – Friday, 9am – 6pm
Location: Bloomington, IN, Brooklyn, NY, or Los Angeles, CA
Reports to: COO
Company Summary: Secretly Group is a leading independently owned music company. Secretly's major divisions include record labels Dead Oceans, Ghostly International, Jagjaguwar, and Secretly Canadian, as well Secretly Publishing. Secretly Group is headquartered in Bloomington, IN, with offices in Brooklyn, London, Los Angeles, and additional staff in Paris, Berlin, Amsterdam, and beyond. We release music by artists such as Mitski, Bon Iver, Sharon Van Etten, Phoebe Bridgers, Khruangbin, Angel Olsen, Slowdive, Shame, Whitney, and serpentwithfeet.
Position Summary: The VP, Operations will oversee label operations across North and South America working closely with teams to create an effective commercial strategy.
- Collaborate across the label affiliates (Secretly Group, Ghostly International, etc) to identify and carry out common goals, and objectives as it pertains to our North and South American operations.
- Identify, recommend, and implement new processes, technologies, and systems to improve and streamline organizational processes within our North and South American operations across label affiliates
- Work in conjunction with our VP of Operations, UK & Europe across new initiatives, processes and global strategies
- Establish and administer the department’s budget as well as review staffing requirements for label affiliates in North and South America.
- Create and maintain periodic performance reports and track metrics for the COO and label Partners.
- Oversee certain operational shared label services while directly managing our Radio and Production Departments as well as US Managing Directors across various Label Affiliates (Secretly Group, Ghostly International among new labels in development)
- Stand up and onboard staff for new developing labels as well as integrate and onboard newly acquired labels
The Ideal Candidate Demonstrates:
- Proven experience of successful people and team management across territories.
- A diplomatic and empathetic approach.
- Excellent communication skills (written, verbal and listening).
- Proven proactive leadership skills.
- Previous proven experience of working successfully with an international remit.
- Experience of, and ability to quickly understand existing processes and systems, digest thoroughly, and propose and implement effective improvements.
- An analytical approach with excellent attention to detail.
- Experience creating, running and working with multiple budgets.
- Commercial awareness and ability to identify new opportunities.
- Ability to work with a diverse range of established creative teams.
- An entrepreneurial and flexible approach with an active interest in building the business.
- Proven track record of building and maintaining strong relationships.
- Adaptable and forward thinking.
- Strong presentation skills.
- Capable, confident and comfortable with all aspects of day-to-day distribution and label operations.
SG Services, Inc. Benefits:
- Paid holidays including end of the year closure from December 23rd – January 1st
- Paid Time Off policy
- 401K with corporate matching immediately upon enrollment
- 12 weeks for parental leave after birth or adoption paid at 100% of salary
- Volunteer Hours Matching Policy
- Employee Assistance Program
- Health insurance:
- Maximum one month wait for enrollment in health insurance
- Medical plan with PPO & HSA options
- Dental plan w/rollover benefit (a portion of your unused annual maximum rolls over to the following year)
- Vision plan that offers access to over 43,000 provider locations nationwide (including private practice providers and retailers)
- Free Basic Life insurance and Voluntary Life insurance
Application Link: https://forms.gle/6WcLLR3JjLpdVwyQ8
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to disability, protected veteran status, age, race, creed, color, religion, sex, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, ancestry, nationality, or national origin.
Job Type : Full-Time
Education Level : ""
Experience Level : VP
Job Function : ""