VP – Strategic Business Development
Vydia is seeking a VP of Business Development to join our team and partner with the Executive team to oversee the strategic and business direction of the company. You will participate in strategies to foster the Company’s core business growth and identify ancillary opportunities consistent with the Company’s business. Participate in the Company’s development of budget and forecast estimates, fundraising and overall Business Development and Strategy. You are a strong fit for this role if you have an entrepreneurial and growth mindset, embrace problem solving and enjoy collaboration.
This is a remote position. All interviews and onboarding processes will take place virtually, and a laptop and peripherals will be shipped to the home of the selected candidate.
- Work with C-suite to help craft, maintain and execute a rolling three-year strategic plan.
- Work with C-Suite on corporate development efforts including fundraising, investor relations, JV, licensing, strategic partnerships, and potential M & A.
- Conduct in-depth industry and quantitative analysis to help drive and focus strategic projects and keep C-Suite and Board appraised of competitive market.
- Ability to assist in the deal making process including identification of new artists and negotiation and closing of deal terms.
- Provide detailed analysis on market sizing, financial projections and strategic analyses (e.g. competitive landscape assessments, gap analyses etc.) in support of new ventures and business model for fundraising.
- Scale the Company's content fund by working with the A&R team to evaluate and acquire content rights, constructing the portfolio, and implementing fund parameters to maintain high ROI.
- Refine the Company’s KPIs and assist with reporting of KPIs to the Board.
- Research, analyze and propose growth opportunities, leveraging your network and industry knowledge to identify key partnerships.
- Master’s degree in Business Administration, Accounting, or Finance, Certified Public Accountant designation preferred
- 7-10 years of experience in financial management within a Media, SaaS/PaaS company or other tech organization
- 3-5 years of experience managing local and remote finance and accounting teams
- Excellent financial analysis and organizational accounting skills; complex financial modeling skills using Excel required (Excel skills test will be administered)
- Proficient in database and accounting computer application systems; 2-3 years of experience managing budget, P/L, and accounting functions with Oracle NetSuite is required, experience with Vena preferred
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills required, professional writing and Power Point deck samples requested
Reasons to work with us:
- Identified by Inc 500 as one of the Fastest Growing Companies in America and by Entrepreneur Magazine as one of the most entrepreneurial companies in America, providing major growth opportunities alongside the growth company.
- Vydia has a mission-based culture that enjoys giving back to the community through a variety of initiatives and was named a Best Place to Work in NJ by NJBIZ in 2021 due to its collaborative, fast-paced, and fun, thriving environment.
- Full medical/dental/vision package, 401k retirement and financial wellness plans
- Flexibility to work from home: We’ll ship you a laptop and provide onboarding and introductory materials remotely; Visit offices in Holmdel, NJ and Los Angeles, CA as needed.
- Generous vacation policy: work hard and take time when you need it, including maternity/paternity leave.
- Vydia CEO identified as 2021 Executive Technology Influencer by ROI-NJ, 2020 Billboard Indie Power Player, 2021 and 2018 EY Entrepreneur of the Year Finalist, and 2017 Tech Innovator of the year by the Asbury Park Press, and highlighted by Forbes, Rolling Stone, and NPR.
- We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Vydia is an end-to-end music technology platform that provides labels with the infrastructure and tools to power their business. With a full suite of services, Vydia offers video and audio supply chain, global distribution, analytics, rights management, payments, detailed revenue reporting, and marketing. Vydia is a premium partner of leading digital service providers such as Spotify, Apple, TikTok, Vevo, YouTube, and Facebook. Combining innovative technology with industry expertise, Vydia is distribution reimagined. To learn more, please visit vydia.com
Job Type : Full-Time
Education Level : Masters
Experience Level : VP
Job Function : Business Development