Associate General Counsel
Title: Associate General Counsel
This position reports to our General Counsel. This role is a full time position in our Business Affairs department. This role can be based in either our Los Angeles, CA, Bloomington, IN office or Brooklyn, NY office. The Associate General Counsel will have a leadership role within the team and provide support to the General Counsel as well as handle a variety of assigned legal projects within the Business Affairs department. The primary responsibility of the Associate General Counsel will be to draft and negotiate contracts across our various businesses.
• Structure proposals, negotiate and draft a variety of complex music and entertainment-related deals, including recording agreements, label and publishing deals, distribution agreements and various types of licenses.
• Liaise with other departments within SG to answer questions and ensure compliance with contractual and legal obligations.
• Work closely with the Business Affairs team to ensure that all agreements are accurately summarized and communicated to relevant departments.
• Member of California, New York or Indiana Bar in good standing.
• At least 5 years at a prominent record label, law firm, in house legal department or equivalent experience.
• Superior negotiating, drafting, organization and communication skills.
• The successful candidate will have the ability to prioritize, multitask, focus, and achieve results quickly.
• In-depth understanding of the areas of the law applicable to the music business, such as copyright, contract and trademark.
• Strong interpersonal skills to successfully interface and establish relationships with Business Affairs team, outside attorneys, senior management, and general staff.
• Ability to anticipate issues and estimate risks strategically.
• Ability to work with minimal supervision and provide leadership to the Business Affairs team.
• Sound and practical business judgment.
• Attention to detail and the ability to manage a high-volume workload efficiently and smoothly.
• Ability to multi-task and balance competing priorities, most of which operate on a time sensitive basis.
SG Services, Inc. Benefits
Paid holidays including end of the year closure from December 23rd – January 1st
Paid Time Off policy
401K with corporate matching immediately upon enrollment
12 weeks for parental leave after birth or adoption paid at 100% of salary
Volunteer Hours Matching Policy
Employee Assistance Program
Maximum one month wait for enrollment in health insurance
Medical plan with PPO & HSA options
Dental plan w/rollover benefit (a portion of your unused annual maximum rolls over to the following year)
Vision plan that offers access to over 43,000 provider locations nationwide (including private practice providers and retailers)
Free Basic Life insurance and Voluntary Life insurance
Contact: To apply and submit a resume fill out the form at this link:
***All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to disability, protected veteran status, age, race, creed, color, religion, sex, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, ancestry, nationality, or national origin. We encourage and welcome everyone to apply!
Job Type : Full-Time
Education Level : ""
Experience Level : ""
Job Function : General Management, Development/Fundraising