Fat Possum Records is seeking a Director of Marketing to drive the marketing activities for our artists in every step of a campaign from concept through execution. Primary focus lies in maximizing artist and label awareness, and centralizing communication and coordination of staff, 3rd parties, and the artist’s team. The office will be located in NYC.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Develop overall marketing strategies for our artists and releases, coordinating input from staff along with the artist and their team.
• Execute marketing plans on assigned projects, in partnership with all departments.
• Create comprehensive marketing plans that include all details to launch each release.
• Help manage project budgets, sales goals, and campaign timelines on assigned projects.
• Streamline content and process of weekly marketing updates, and periodic one-sheets.
• Work with Sales on logistics of the release process, including delivery of physical and digital assets within deadlines and specs.
• Work with artists on creation of visual assets including album packaging design, photo shoots, music videos and content, tools, and advertising materials.
• Act as liaison in NYC with our global distribution partners in communicating label goals.
• Establish and grow Fat Possum's relationships with key counterparts at DSPs.
• Secure promotional opportunities with third party media and marketing partners to expand awareness of our artists and catalog in emerging territories.
• 5 years music marketing experience required.
• Reports to President.
• Competitive salary commensurate with experience; full benefits.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills are a must. Candidate will be collaborating and communicating with a broad audience inside and outside the company.
• Candidate must be well organized, detail oriented, and able to multitask and constructively solve problems while working under pressure.
• Must thrive in a team environment, but be able to take initiative and work independently
Reply To: firstname.lastname@example.org
Job Type : Full-Time
Education Level : ""
Experience Level : Director
Job Function : Marketing