Polyvinyl is looking for a Software Engineer to lead the development of a custom e-commerce website and CMS platform. You will be responsible for building and maintaining the entire codebase from the Angular frontend, Nest.js backend, and AWS infrastructure. You will manage project goals, prioritize tasks, and coordinate with non-technical team members. You will be responsible for the entire software lifecycle, from development to deployment.
- Build and maintain the Angular frontend, Nest.js backend codebase
- Maintain the AWS infrastructure, including EC2 and RDS
- Implement new features and improvements
- Squash bugs and improve performance
- Test new features, monitor releases, and ensure quality of the software
- Work with team members to ensure the software is easy to use and easy to maintain
- 2+ years of production-level software engineering experience
- 2+ years of experience working in at least one frontend framework (Angular, React, or Vue)
- Knowledge of database systems and MySQL
- Strong knowledge of servers, APIs, databases, and Dev-Ops infrastructure
- Strong communication skills
- High-level project management skills
- Understanding of Object Oriented Programming and Design Patterns
- Familiarity with Polyvinyl / independent music / indie record labels
Nice to have:
- Experience with an e-commerce platform
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher in Computer Science or related field
- Familiarity with UI/UX design
- Salaried position
- Health insurance and retirement plan
- Ten annual paid holidays
- Paid vacation days
- Salary based on experience
This is a full time (Monday - Friday) position and is open immediately. This can also be a contractor position.
The position can be remote or located at one of the Polyvinyl offices in Champaign, IL or Austin, TX. For consideration please send a resume to email@example.com today.
Please note that only qualified candidates will be contacted.
Job Type : Full-Time, Contract
Education Level : ""
Experience Level : ""
Job Function : Software Developer