Illustrator/Visual Artist & Layout Designer
FiXT is seeking a forward thinking Illustrator / Visual Artist & Layout Designer. This position will be responsible for creating original artwork for FiXT’s multiple record label divisions and 25+ artist roster members, directly creating or liaising with other designers for original album artwork and packaging, merchandise designs, and related marketing and advertising design and layout projects. The position will report to FiXT's Vice President, and work closely with FiXT’s Head of Merchandise and Head of A&R. Position may be performed remotely.
Candidate must be proficient at creating original artwork with multiple disciplines of art styles, including digital art and illustration, product/packaging design, typography, vector art, merchandise design, and more. Must be aware of current design trends, merchandise printing processes including screen-prints, DTG, and dye-sublimation and be a well-rounded, self-starter with a strong work ethic and positive attitude.
Must submit PORTFOLIO link with examples of illustration and layout work.
FiXT is an internationally recognized, 100% independent artist-owned record label. FiXT’s catalog of 3,000+ tracks and has garnered over 2.5 billion online streams connecting with a core audience of gamers, sci-fi enthusiasts and comic book fans. Founded in 2006, FIXT has offices in Los Angeles and Iowa, operating multiple label divisions with a combined label roster of 25 active artists and serves a worldwide fanbase of customers in over 130 countries. FiXT’s music has received over 1,000 Film/TV/Video Game placements, including titles such as: Avengers: Endgame, Blade Runner 2049, Kingsman: The Golden Circle, Westworld, Power Rangers, Lexus, Suicide Squad, Iron Man, Alien Covenant, Robocop, Jack Reacher, Deadpool, Lucy, Pacific Rim, PubG, Call of Duty, Assassin’s Creed, Dead Rising, UFC, NFL, MLB and more.
Company Core Values:
Integrity, Trust, Work Ethic, Teamwork, Excellence, Quality, Positive Intent, Positivity, Problem Solving, Design and Aesthetics, Forward Thinking, World Class Service, DIY Attitude.
• Art Creation: Lead the creative effort to design projects for brand and label roster projects (single/album releases, merchandise releases, etc..).
• Layout Design: Handle layout design work for advertising, banners, product packaging and more, with an emphasis on typography.
• 3+ years professional design experience
• Fluent English speaker
• High-speed internet connection (if working remotely)
• Must be trustworthy & display integrity.
• Music have a positive attitude.
• Extremely detail oriented and analytical.
• Ability to prioritize work and work accurately under pressure of deadlines.
• Tactful, confident and have strong people and communication skills.
• Ability to keep up with fast-paced workflow.
• Persistence and follow through to achieve goals.
• Pro-active learner seeking continued self & professional development.
• Ability to anticipate needs.
• Sick/Vacation Time (40hrs/year baseline)
• Holiday Pay (6 observed paid holidays each year)
• Telemedicine Health Plan (no cost to employee)
• Flex Spending Account (employer funded base, with option for employee contributions)
• Employer Paid Life Insurance Policy (no cost to employee)
• Voluntary Dental Plan (employee funded with pre-tax pay-roll deduction)
• Voluntary Vision Plan (employee funded with pre-tax pay-roll deduction)
Full-Time (40 hours/week)
$15-25/hour (commensurate with experience)
Job Type : Full-Time
Job Function : General Management