Product Manager - Royalties & Payments
Here at Pex, we have built the largest audio-visual search engine in the world allowing creators, musicians and rightsholders to understand the usage of their content and help them to earn more while exposing their content to wider audiences.
We are building on this legacy of digital content identification and management to develop a market-making product we call the Attribution Engine, a three-sided marketplace built to bring rightsholders, platforms, and creators together and simplify the existing licensing process. By making ownership information more transparent and readily available, bringing scale and consistency to the licensing process, and ensuring that copyright disputes are resolved quickly and cost-effectively, we believe that the successful launch of this product will position Pex to become the Visa of Digital Rights.
The Product team at Pex is a fully remote team made up of Product Managers, designers and business analysts. Product managers guide the development and success of our products and lead the cross-functional teams that are responsible for building and improving them. It is an important organizational role that sets the strategy, roadmap, and feature definition for our products.
We are seeking a Product Manager with media industry expertise, particularly experience with royalty and accounting systems, to join our team and help us build the next advances in rights management technology. Here's what you'll do:
• Define and lead product vision and strategy for our platform specifically around royalties and payment integrations and payments to rightsholders that utilize our products
• Understand client and market needs and gather product requirements
• Identify market opportunities
• Develop product roadmap to ensure accurate, timely, and consistent delivery of products
• Lead the development and launch of new products and services
• After launch, use client feedback, industry best practice and data points available to create new useful tools and optimize these products
• Coordinate a team of Pex designers, developers, and business managers to achieve business objectives
• Manage internal and external partners
• Function as an internal champion to evangelize the product roadmap across the organization
• Work closely with other product managers to continue to improve our product development process
• Media industry experience, particularly working with royalties and payments systems
• Strong technical acumen and ability to collaborate with engineers and designers (SaaS experience a plus!)
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Proven ability to deliver on commitments and timelines and work effectively in a fully remote and distributed team
• Capable of building something from scratch and seeing it through
Perks and Benefits:
• Salary: $120,000 - $140,000/year
• Equity, with perks like a 10-year exercise window
• Competitive health insurance (99% employee and 70% dependent premium coverage for US-based employees)
• Generous paid parental leave
• Day off on your birthday
• 30 days of paid time off + 9 paid holidays
• A fully remote working environment
• A supportive culture that cares about both excellent work and work-life balance
To apply, please send resume and cover letter firstname.lastname@example.org.
Pex is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability status.
Job Type : Full-Time
Job Function : General Management, Development/Fundraising