Founded in 1994, Fat Beats is an independent music retailer, wholesaler, and label specializing in hip-hop, funk, soul, electronic, and dance music. Considered by many to be the original Mecca of hip-hop retail, Fat Beats is seeking a full-time General Manager to oversee and expand both the brick-and-mortar and e-commerce retail operations at the Downtown LA storefront and fulfillment center.
The ideal candidate is not only well-versed in traditional retail and e-commerce platforms (especially Shopify, Zendesk, and Shipstation) but is also knowledgeable about key players and artists within the aforementioned genres and, furthermore, is excited to grow the brand through pursuing exclusive vinyl projects for e-commerce, arranging in-person events at the store, and more. This is an exciting opportunity for the right candidate to serve as both an arbiter of taste in the hip-hop scene, but also nurture community within LA's fertile music scene.
Candidates must have leadership and management experience in addition to the following skill sets.
- Curate and craft the overall record store experience, have a vision for brand expansion and overall growth both in person and online.
- Oversee a small staff of 3-4 employees, ensure everyone is focused, productive, and adhering to high standards of professionalism.
DAY TO DAY, ALONGSIDE STAFF:
• Be the first point of contact for customers of fatbeats.com, including phone, email, and social media support.
• Create new product listings and upload to Shopify platform.
• Ensure timely, constructive responses and offer proactive solutions to all customer inquiries.
• Work directly with staff to set daily and weekly goals for response time and issue resolution.
• Proactively identify issues with incoming releases (Fat Beats Distribution’s exclusive distributed titles), then work directly with customers to update and notify them of any changes to their order or ship date.
• Communicate actively with Label / Vendor Relations team to stay on top of updates on incoming product from distributed labels.
• Actively monitor release schedule to ensure customers are properly notified of any delays or street date bumps.
• Support customers who reach out through social channels.
• Periodically hold “office hours” as a live representative of Fat Beats Customer Service.
• Process returns, refunds, and discount codes as needed.
• Create marketing email blasts, banner ads, and other custom graphics for social media.
SKILLS / MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS
• 1+ Years in a similar role on Shopify platform.
• Music industry or record store experience strongly preferred.
• 3PL, Warehouse, or supply chain experience preferred.
• College graduate or equivalent.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office (e.g. Excel), Asana, ZenDesk, Slack, and G-Suite Applications.
• Must be excellent at communication, organization, and attention to detail.
• Ability to recognize tone of communication and respond accordingly.
• Great sense for prioritization - know when to escalate an issue.
• Passion for music and physical media.
• Outgoing personality with the ability to communicate effectively on email or phone.
• Must be highly motivated and be able to focus on many different projects in a fast-paced environment.
• Able to complete assigned projects on deadline.
• Ability to work in a full-remote capacity, meeting and exceeding deadlines and goals with minimal supervision.
Please send an email with your CV and cover letter.
Job Type : Full-Time
Education Level : ""
Experience Level : ""
Job Function : Customer Service, Sales