Sales Representative, Matador Direct
Matador Direct, the in-house physical distributor of the Beggars Group of labels is actively looking to hire a full-time Sales Representative to be based out of our New York office. The position plays a key role in building and maintaining strong relationships with Matador Direct’s independent record retail accounts, with strengths that straddle musical connoisseurship and shipping and sales logistics. The Sales Representative will promote and solicit label group physical releases (new release and catalogue reissues) and will provide excellent customer service to our retail accounts with order placement and payment collection. Reporting to the Director, Sales, the Sales Representative will maintain a deep knowledge and understanding of our retail accounts needs and will provide key insight to Matador Direct and label staff.
Duties + Responsibilities:
• Oversee and manage a number of Matador Direct’s relationships with our key retail accounts, providing unparalleled customer service with orders and consistent communication in soliciting and promoting physical releases across the label group
• Serve as the go-to point of contact for assigned accounts by taking and processing orders, returns and payment collection
• Actively manage, process and working collaboratively with warehouse colleagues to confirm and fulfill retail orders.
• Communicate key updates and information regarding assigned accounts to VP, Sales and Director, Sales at Matador Direct as well as to group departments and labels teams to help inform our internal understanding of their retail business, practices, potential opportunities and overall needs.
• Maintain a strong awareness across all order activity (account history) and buying behaviors of assigned accounts and interpret order data collected to provide clear and consistent reporting insights on how the accounts are functioning as well as to help inform recommendation to store contacts with placing orders.
• Prepares email solicitation blasts to stores
• Provide support to the Manager, Retail Marketing Co-op with instore activations and events happening at assigned accounts
• Provide recommendations to Director, Sales to help inform our approach with manufacturing + production of physical products.
• Provide on-site assistance/support at record fairs and events as necessary and when requested.
• Participate in weekly department and label meetings and contribute suggestions, ideas and input related to key accounts
• Provide support to VP, Sales in helping to interpret sales numbers at our out of house distributor.
Desired Skills and Experience:
• Strong knowledge of music with deep familiarity of Beggars Group's catalog across the labels, and with underground and alternative music generally and historically
• Familiarity with independent music retail across the US, understanding of key outlets in all major markets, in-person experience at multiple stores in multiple cities and friendships/ relationships with buyers and staff at independent record stores a big plus
• Enthusiasm for records, record collectors, and live music
• Exceptional customer service skills and sales support acumen
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
• Demonstrated comfortability and previous experience with data entry, databases and point-of-sale systems
• Numerate - strong ability to analyze and interpret sales data to build narrative and communicate insights
• Outstanding attention to detail and follow-through
• Exceptional organizational skills, with a strong ability to balance multiple priorities.
• A driven self-starter, with a pro-active approach
How to apply:
Please send your resume along with a cover letter/email to email@example.com and indicate your full name + “Sales Rep – Matador Direct’ in the subject line.
Beggars Group embraces the principle of equal employment opportunity for all. We are committed to cultivating an inclusive workplace representative of a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skillsets. All employment decisions are based on qualifications, merit, and business needs.
Job Type : Full-Time
Job Function : Finance & Accounting, Sales, Development/Fundraising